Kauai bite wide open

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by J_B, Jun 29, 2010.

1. J_B

J_B Captain

Name:
    JB
    Boat:
    21' Lightnin' Whaler "Moana B."
    Fish biting on the North Shore and the East Side of Kauai, with most fish coming up on the 1000 fathom. They are eating Malolo's. I heard John. K who posted on here got a #240 and I heard of a few #190's. Some smaller fish came up out of Nawiliwili 106 lb Rick got on the charter boat they were on the 1500 fathom. WK has lots of 30 lb Koshibi's and some bigger fish. Good luck hopefully someone who was on the water today will post. I just had my phone blowing up and my boats not done:Dynamite:

Good luck

--
    JB

2. drew2578

drew2578 Newbie

Name:
    Analu
    Boat:
    19ft.
    Figured... saw all the boats out there sunday... looked liked white caps had so many... I knew I should have went out. :) This weekend fo shua...

Get dat boat in da wata!

3. dausualinc

dausualinc Newbie

Name:
    Kekoa
    Boat:
    30' Knife
    I feel your pain, last year I had to rebuild my injector pump and the day after I pulled it of the boat waianae started going off! Oh well thats how it goes. Good to hear Kauai has action

4. Lokelani Kai

Lokelani Kai Newbie

Name:
    Al
    Boat:
    24 Yellowfin Allysa K
    It,s good to hear that they are still around ,hope you are ready soon , Al

5. ahi lawaia

ahi lawaia Member

Name:
    CP
    Boat:
    Boston Whaler Conquest 21
    Go gettum Kauai guys! When you pau, sendum Oahu way so we can take cracks at 'em.:D Post up your catch reports and pics so we know what to expect.

6. J_B

J_B Captain

Name:
    JB
    Boat:
    Ahi's are still biting on the North Shore:smoking33::smoking33: line out of reels snapping #400 lb leader on the run some GORILLA'S bust out your best lures and go get um.:Death_To_Above:

--
    JB

7. all_bent

all_bent Newbie

Name:
    all bent
    Boat:
    25 Lightnin Radon
    WK not holding anymore. first one there yesterday only got one nice sized koshibi and some aku.

as for the north, ya heard guys got couple today, with some nice sized fish coming up.. east side is pretty dead as far as trolling goes, just gotta get lucky.

8. J_B

J_B Captain

Name:
    JB
    Boat:
    From red hill to EK I know Dave got 3, Steph got 2 both got ono's and Steph had Mahi too. I heard Morning Bite but someone was hooked up last night right before dark. Gotta run um over. Yeah my friend went out east side yesterday at 3:00 A.M to WK and said it was slow. Ended up coming up north he got mahi and ono but no Ahi, bit was in the morning and he waited till afternoon to come this way. I heard others caught but can confirm it. I know Steph's fish were both close to #200 one probably #180+ the other #190+. Whitey guys are out there today I will post what they catch.

--
    JB