Kaneohe side...

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by navyaircrew, Jun 13, 2010.

1. navyaircrew

navyaircrew Newbie

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    2001 Pro-Line 20 Walk
    hey guys.... gotta keep this one short.... way too tired... Launched outta KMB at 0450.. headed out to LL first thing... about 8 miles shy, near the 500... ran into a small bird pile... set out a couple lures... nada... but didn't work it good... came upon the Buoy, to find two dudes already there... must of left balls early... i thought i was early! Well... PLENTY birds at LL... drove around till i couldn't stand it anymore... after 2 hours, bounced with a few rat Mahi to show and a couple Shibi and Aku... nothing big, all between 5 and 8 lbs each...

headed out towards the pinch... started seeing small piles here and there... was all cane knife Mahi... realy picky fukahs... they would blast my 9" blueberry head but wouldn't pop the rigger, then when i came back around with the charlie.... Pau... no more interest... well, this went on for another hour... decided... go deep... headed out to 34 miles offshore from the head buoy at Sampan... didn't see much for birds really, but the few that i did see, were still flying OUT... so, no can... i head back in towards the pinch... picked up a 10lb Mahi in the blind... back on the pinch, ran all over that thing... up, down, sideways... nothing... headed inside the 500 a bit, could see birds off in the distance.. ho brah... started seeing pile after pile... i'm pretty sure they were Mahi, the way the birds were acting... alot of visual sightings of them... but no action... started heading out towards X and that's when i found a huge pile of birds... big whites, big browns... dive bombing fish left and right... something was making them move fast... i kept thinking gotta be AHI... no aku or Otaru... 8" flying fish everywhere... i was running blue Papa heads and Blueberry heads... nothing... should of tried green or black salmon or blue salmon... was at the block dropping off my fish and guy was offloading three AHI, all from Haliewa... Good going to them... Good luck to everyone else... getting fed up with putting the miles without the smiles...
    shootz...

2. aj1976

aj1976 Newbie

Name:
    aj
    Boat:
    23 Seacraft
    Hey Scott, sounds like you were in the right areas with a lot of bird action. Hopefullly the bigguns start showing up soon. Thanks again for hookin me up with da Pac Bay Butts.

3. wisebob

wisebob Newbie

Name:
    bob
    Boat:
    smallsize kine
    Thanks for the report. At least you'll recover some of the gas money back.

I plan to make the 100+ mile trailer trip to Waianae this week before Ahi Fever. Going to be either feast or famine out there as usual though I'm more inclined toward the latter. The thrill is seeing the birds and never knowing what you're going to get...

bob

4. cheehuli

cheehuli Newbie

Name:
    Chase
    Boat:
    24' Custom Sampan "Girlie T"
    Mahalos for the report. Sorry to hear it was kinda slow out there. At least you go into the tenth round swinging. Better luck next trip!!

5. dausualinc

dausualinc Newbie

Name:
    Kekoa
    Boat:
    30' Knife
    Right on Scott, thanks for the heads up. With a work ethic like that, its only a matter of hours before you put your next big ahi on deck. I'm in the middle of a big fiberglassing project so I'm off the water but wish me luck.

6. force21

force21 Oldie

Name:
    Glenn
    Boat:
    21 Force JAYMIELYN
    Howzit Scott, glad to see you got out fishing! Great report on your sightings & block report. I hope we get Lucky during the Ahi Fever!

7. navyaircrew

navyaircrew Newbie

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    2001 Pro-Line 20 Walk
    Did i mention that i lost my gaff trying to gaff a Ono... i think i left that out... I'll be seeing you soon bro! I was so pissed...

Have a great weekend all...

8. jagerhunchback

jagerhunchback MCLMM

sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
    Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
    Solid report as always bro, good luck in the fever hopefully ill see you out there, haven't seen crazy portagee don on here lately, my guess is he's using his ninja magic for da fever. Hope to see you guys out there, I'll be on the boat flying the bloodydecks flag!!!!

9. Kolina

Kolina Walt

Name:
    Walter T. Okuma Jr.
    Boat:
    25' Force COLLEEN
    Good going Scott, way to stick out! Good luck in ahi fever and to all the rest of the BD'ers.

Mike were did you get the flag from? I like one too.

Lets make CB channel 15 and VHF channel 68 our home channel for the fever!