Kaneohe side fishing Sunday

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by Surfdawg, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Surfdawg

Surfdawg Newbie

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Blackfin 29' Flybridge
    Finally got my engine alignment/ shaft all squared away on the Wasabi. The weather had a 1 day window after 5 days of strong trades over here on Oahu. Rounded up 2 friends (Andy & Billy) and headed out Sunday morning. Ran out a couple miles shy of U and put out lines and started trolling, saw nice bird pile a few miles out and picked up a couple Mahi. Continued out and went to an area about 25-27 miles out and for 6 hours trolled from bird pile to bird pile picking up mostly Mahi, took a triple in the blind and got 1 82lb Bigeye in the boat and more Mahi. Lots of life out there and between the Fujinon stabilized binoculars and Andy's eyes we were seeing lots of birds. It was around 2pm and started back toward home and 18 miles out port outrigger slammed and it was a Marlin, an hour and a half later it was at the boat, all 450lbs of it. Towed that beast in cause we couldn't get it in the boat. Great day, 8 Mahi, 1 Bigeye, 1 shibi, and 1 Marlin, boat ran well and the shaft vibration is gone. Super stoked (nice work Chad!!)

gonefishing8875 likes this.
  2. Surfdawg

Surfdawg Newbie

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Blackfin 29' Flybridge
  3. blaskpa

blaskpa FAMOUS GROUSE

Name:
    Paul
    Boat:
    FamousGrouse
    Looks like a fantastic day! Congrats.. I hit the banks on Sat. One marlin strike and almost no birds. Guess they were all piled up windward side!

Paul

4. patfishhi

patfishhi Registered User

Name:
    Pat
    Boat:
    32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
    Mike, Andy and Billy,
    You guys had a very active and successful day, nice BET, Blue and mahis. Quite the mixed bag. Just curious on your alignment issue; did you do it all in the water and did you have to make much of a move? We actually moved the port engine quite a bit the last time we hauled out and did final alignment when we floated off the travel lift. Made quite a difference, but I still think I'm trashing my cutlass bearings too quickly. I'll find out the next time I haul out.
    Cheers
    Pat

gonefishing8875 likes this.
  5. Kinaiahi61

Kinaiahi61 Member

Name:
    Kalani
    Boat:
    Kai Kea
    Right on!!! Nice haul. Some Thanksgiving sash? Probably get top dollar right now though. Good to see the Wasabi up and running.

6. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Nice job, what an epic day!