kaneohe 6/17

Lokelani Kai

Jun 19, 2010
Eastside Kaneohe Oahu
Name
Al
Boat
24 Yellowfin Allysa K
Damn Capt is that the a gorilla you got off your back!!:worship:Have',t seen a monster like that in a while.Good going and congrats to the crew.I know they worked hard to get that beast,Awesome!!!

cheehuli

May 22, 2009
Kaneohe Hi.
Name
Chase
Boat
24' Custom Sampan "Girlie T"
Ho dat is solid! Had a feeling you was poundin em' hahd when I seen your rig at the harbor. Full ninja action! BTW e kala mai.....I fogot da 2 sheeebs........

Ahnkochee

King of Mokolea Rock
Feb 3, 2008
Mokolea Rock
Name
Uncle Ji
Boat
17 Outrigger Kanu "Makule Akule"
HO dats one monstah ahi! Congratz 2 da max!

russell kato

"Kamoku"
Jul 24, 2009
Honolulu, HI
Name
russ
Boat
15' Arima - Kamoku
Whoa Captdon,
Wow, that's some big Ahis....247lb.&217lb....can't get better than that, especially when you get in the water at 2:00pm! Imagine if you had the whole day to fish....wouldn't have room to move in your Kami with sickles everwhere! Thanks for the info! Sure wish I had caught my ahi on Friday but I guess I need to know Kaneohe waters better...sure was rough on Friday especially from my boats' perspective but I know I could've made it out a couple of miles further......coulda, woulda, shoulda....oh what the hell...next time! I ended up with a 25lb Ono as a consolation prize.

navyaircrew

Jun 27, 2007
Trollin' Dirty 96744
Name
Scott
Boat
2001 Pro-Line 20 Walk
Whoa Captdon,
Wow, that's some big Ahis....247lb.&217lb....can't get better than that, especially when you get in the water at 2:00pm! Imagine if you had the whole day to fish....wouldn't have room to move in your Kami with sickles everwhere! Thanks for the info! Sure wish I had caught my ahi on Friday but I guess I need to know Kaneohe waters better...sure was rough on Friday especially from my boats' perspective but I know I could've made it out a couple of miles further......coulda, woulda, shoulda....oh what the hell...next time! I ended up with a 25lb Ono as a consolation prize.
Have you tried to launch outta Heeia Kea ramp? that would put you tons closer man...

captdon1

Jun 4, 2009
kaneohe, hi.
Name
don
Boat
33' kamicraft "KIMI ANN"
thanks for all the kind words,will be @ haleiwa dis weekend for the hanapa'a jackpot,
happy fathers day to you all, it's a day well deserved,we all know it's hard to juggle family time & fishing time hehe.

russell kato

"Kamoku"
Jul 24, 2009
Honolulu, HI
Name
russ
Boat
15' Arima - Kamoku
Have you tried to launch outta Heeia Kea ramp? that would put you tons closer man...
Hey Scott,
Yeah, on Friday I did launched out of Heeia at 4:30am and headed out toward LL. With a little more knowledge of fishing Windward waters, I probably would have ventured further and who knows maybe even come home with my first yellowfin for 2010. As it turned out the wind, rain and swells got the better of me and not knowing if the waters would get rougher, I thought it was better to be safe than sorry and turn my 15'er in to hunt Ahi another day. As it turned out, the water flatened out alittle and probably would have been okay.......oh well, live and learn!

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Don,

What a beautiful pair of ahis you have there; good luck (put some of the same sized fish in the boat) this Friday/Saturday.

Cheers
Pat

da eslits

Jun 25, 2010
hawaii
Name
mark
Boat
none
keepin that boat of urs busy i see. good catch, especially after work. go get some more. by the way, how is the bite out kaneohe now?