Kaneohe 12AUG10

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by fetzerb, Aug 13, 2010.

1. fetzerb

fetzerb BAMF

Name:
    Ben
    Boat:
    none at the time
    Hit the water at 6am and trolled ledge heading to LL. Took triple ono strike one starboard outrigger, stinger and port short corner. The short corner came off right away. Battled the other two, my friend was bringing in the outrigger while i took the long center. Half way to the boat he came off, so i assisted him with the remaining one. Got him close to the boat and then took a mad dash at the motors. Pulled the crimp out at the lure, 50$ orange and black maurader down the drain! Oh well we were pissed and exicted at the same time.

Headed toward L bouy saw small cluster of mixed birds. Went through and picked up small 9# mahi. Approched the bouy with hundreds of small black birds in the area. Saw small bait and aku swimming, changed to smaller lures picked up 6 small aku 1-3#. Did a few passes with bigger lures because with all the action I was sure there was bigger fish to be had. No takers on the 6 inchers. Headed back to ledge after 2hrs.

Attached is the lucky lure and the shredded one on the short corner.

Nailed another 9# male mahi on the way. No signs of bird piles just a couple singles searching. Working the ledge we picked up 2 ono that were 27 and 24 lbs. Called it quits and headed to the block.

Weather/winds were not to bad in the AM but it got really nice around 3PM. Overall good day with a few shreded lures and a lost maurder. Oh well. Good luck to all fishing the tournament tomorrow.

Attached Files:

2. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Nice day when you come home with fish in the bag!Like the pearl wt. lure.Thanks for the post.Doug

3. Smudge

Smudge Moderate

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    I'm just a deckhand...
    Poke and fried aku bones!! Looking good!

4. BucketMan

BucketMan Captain

Name:
    Ken
    Boat:
    Arima Sea Chaser 16: KUKOA V
    "Pulled the crimp out at the lure, 50$ orange and black maurader down the drain! Oh well we were pissed and exicted at the same time."

Nice going on your fish Ben. Don't be buying another marauder - I'll give you one. Just call before stopping by. Ken

5. force21

force21 Oldie

Name:
    Glenn
    Boat:
    21 Force JAYMIELYN
    Nice going Ben, glad to see the fish are still coming around. Bad Dads Tourney today should show some catches!