Kaneohe 10/19

sgchun

Aug 19, 2012
pearl city
Name
Wally
Boat
Boomerang-17 currentline
Left Kaneohe about 6a and came across a big pile of birds outside of Mokumoa which turned out to be small aku so we headed out to U. Nothing there so we headed out toward LL. Nothing there either so we headed straight out. We didn't find anything so we headed back. About 12 miles outside of Chinaman's Hat we find a bunch of nets and the two corners go off. One Mahi off and one Mahi in. While I'm bringing in the stinger an Ono takes it but doesn't stick(brand new skirt wasted). We were busy setting up the bait when the corner goes off again. Comes off again. We start baiting but they won't take the bait with the hooks. So we set out the lures again and the corner goes off again. another Mahi in. Make a couple more passes and nothing. We head back and hit a Kawa on the inside.
Talk story with a guy at the rack and he told me the Otaru were about several miles outside of where MM should be. He also came across a log and picked up 3 Mahi. We went the wrong way again. The weather was nice except for the chop from the rain storms that passed by.
I hope this report helps! Good Luck everybody. Sorry no pictures this time.

navyaircrew

Jun 27, 2007
Trollin' Dirty 96744
Name
Scott
Boat
2001 Pro-Line 20 Walk
I was the one that spoke to you at the harbor.... it's always nice to just walk up and ask someone how they did or offer advise or tips of information... i would have never caught the fish i did had it not be for Kekoa! Spread the Aloha... plenty fish for everyone, just gotta share the water...

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Thanks for the report, good goin' on the fish... Fish in the box is not the wrong way.

Cheers
Pat

russell kato

"Kamoku"
Jul 24, 2009
Honolulu, HI
Name
russ
Boat
15' Arima - Kamoku
Congrats on putting fish in the bag/box! Nothing wrong with a pair of Mahis and a Kawakawa. You'll get em next time!

tyra-jae

Jul 10, 2009
Kailua,HI
Name
Richard/Russell
Boat
30' Surratt
Good going on your fish. Went up and out 33 miles Thursday and couldn't find the akus either. Got one at 17 miles. Caught a bunch of mahi on rubbish and a couple big bulls in the blind, 35-40lb range. Broke leader on a marlin too. Hard to beat nice water and fish in the boat. Thanks for the write up. Go get em.

manu-o-ku

Jul 13, 2012
Honolulu, hawaii
Name
luke
Boat
170 Montauk
Nice catch, seems like the bite is better on that side of the island. Kind of slow on south side ledge and the banks. I might have to take a trip around the corner if the weather holds.

hundahunta

Dec 14, 2009
Hi
Name
Boat
We found a few otaru piles about 22 miles straight out, we ended up with 7 in the 25lb range.

sgchun

Aug 19, 2012
pearl city
Name
Wally
Boat
Boomerang-17 currentline
Hi Cap,
I appreciated the info. It is always nice to talk to the other fisherman and see how they did and get some info. I am going out on Sunday and try your route I hope I run across something.
Good Luck!!