plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
They find you when you store a boat in a boat storage yard ...They have to file the info with the county and shortly, your tax bill arrives...appeal the value each year to cut it down some.. do the .same on your residential property taxes...
They're also trying to tax vessels that aren't even registered in California.I did some work for a Canadian guy that owned a 60' sailboat.It's registered in Canada but he keeps it here or in Mexico during the winter.The tax assessor tracked him down in one of our marinas.He moved the boat to a different marina and is playing hide and seek.I love it.He says he's not paying this state shit.

Upvote 0

Phil mckracken

Almost A Member
  • Jun 4, 2020
    SoCal
    Name
    Steveooo
    Boat
    None
    for you cali guys who have ram trucks can buy a 50$ programmer app and tablet and roll your clock back on your computer. fyi. prob can do with other trucks also. screw em.
    Or.... just file the right llc amd write it off??
    that’s the avenue I’m looking for. Seeing as I drive about 50k miles a year, I’ll do my best to make it a business deal.
    fuck them.

Upvote 0

invictus

AVD
    May 26, 2006
    Orange County
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Tiara 2000 Cuddy
    Or.... just file the right llc amd write it off??
    that’s the avenue I’m looking for. Seeing as I drive about 50k miles a year, I’ll do my best to make it a business deal.
    fuck them.
    LLC or SCorp annual filling fee minimum in CA is over $800.00. Think they call it “Business Privilege Fee”. Most states it is less than $150.00.

They got us by the cajones.

Upvote 0