Just ranting!!!!!!!!!!!

mochosla

Sep 12, 2007
Granada Hills CA.
Name
Carlos
Boat
Parker 2120
So, I've owned multiple boats in the last 10 years. Today, for the first time ever, we received a property tax bill on the boat. Are you freaking kidding me?? Taxes for everything!!!!!!!! I guess I just got lucky before???

UGHHHHHH

• Haha
Reactions: Blackfish
Upvote 0

mullet

Metal Fabricator
  • Jan 10, 2006
    Brookings Oregon
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    19"Gregor
    You were flying under the radar . Ever since they changed trailer tags to permanent which are only good for 7 years (go figure ) they charged me the personal property tax . I was also paying tax on my machinery . So glad to have made the move from the golden state .

Reactions: Avery Gilleland
    Upvote 0

Charts

Nothing demonstrates hope better than fishing.
  • Aug 22, 2015
    San Diego
    Name
    Charts
    Boat
    arima sea explorer 16
    How much is that tax anyway? Waiting for mine to show up.

Upvote 0

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    $300.00 not bad for a 25k value but agreed when does it end ???? I guess when we freakin die or move out of the best weather state.... WTF

Reactions: woodfish330
    Upvote 0

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    "Robbery By Pen"....
    Politicians specialize in that here brother.

Tax authority problems.... never end in your favor. So I guess its "Pay to Play"....right? What choice do you have? But know...We share your sorrow brother... and will be paying begrudgingly as well. Good luck. Be safe.

Reactions: Charts
    Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    Well, they valued my Parker @ 25K and the tax is $300. Not cool. Look, I love California for many reasons and I'm not a conservative at all (not a problem if you are), but taxes are just insane! Then again, not sure how it is in other states.
    Well who have you been voting for ? I ask because one particular party seems to be very fond of sticking it to anybody they can.It isn't the conservative side.

Upvote 0

cortezpirasea

Pangero
    Feb 23, 2012
    la mesa, ca
    Name
    Russell
    Boat
    21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
    WTF... My boat no habla ingles...

• Haha
    Reactions: aguachico

mochosla

Sep 12, 2007
    Granada Hills CA.
    Name
    Carlos
    Boat
    Parker 2120
    Well who have you been voting for ? I ask because one particular party seems to be very fond of sticking it to anybody they can.It isn't the conservative side.
    I don’t want turn this into a political discussion but the other party has many other priorities I disagree with. While the one who likes to tax has others that piss me off as well. So, I’m more of an independent I guess.

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    I don’t want turn this into a political discussion but the other party has many other priorities I disagree with. While the one who likes to tax has others that piss me off as well. So, I’m more of an independent I guess.
    My biggest priority is to NOT be taxed out of this state.

W
    woodfish330
    Brother..... start your own "Church"... really. Tax free almost everything. I would come and be a "Minister"....FISHERMANS FLOCK! Jesus and the Fisherman....
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

zing1402

Jul 13, 2020
    yorba linda
    Name
    nick
    Boat
    which one
    $300 doesn't even cover a tank of fuel for the truck and the boat anymore so if that pisses you off hold on its only gonna get worse. All this "free" money that everyone is getting isn't free and its all gonna hit us right in the face like a bag of dicks as they will go after Luxuries first to recoup the money.

Upvote 0

mullet

Metal Fabricator
  • Jan 10, 2006
    Brookings Oregon
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    19"Gregor
    Now that I'm in Oregon the tags on my boat are 120 .00 every other year , in Cali it was 120.00 every year (property tax ). In Cali I was paying over 600.00 in tags for my 2 trucks . Now I pay 120.00 every other year for each one and no fuking smog certificate either . :shakin:

Upvote 0

NoLDR

OG BD member
  • Mar 26, 2003
    Sherman Oaks
    Name
    BRAD
    Boat
    29 Baha Cruiser NoLDR
    Luxury tax has been around A LONG TIME. My current boat is 28' bill currently is $449 this year. When I purchased my boat new in 2005 annual tax was around 1k.

Upvote 0

azbaseball

Apr 2, 2007
    la mesa ca
    Name
    mike de vito
    Boat
    20ft nitro
    Well, they valued my Parker @ 25K and the tax is $300. Not cool. Look, I love California for many reasons and I'm not a conservative at all (not a problem if you are), but taxes are just insane! Then again, not sure how it is in other states.
    I can attest that all states have issues. Being in CA for the last 10 years it has gotten worse each year. The tax and spend mentality is out of control This year the state is sitting on a budget surplus. Way are taxes still raising? if the navy had a base in AZ i would be gone

Reactions: Phil mckracken
    Upvote 0

mochosla

Sep 12, 2007
    Granada Hills CA.
    Name
    Carlos
    Boat
    Parker 2120
    I can attest that all states have issues. Being in CA for the last 10 years it has gotten worse each year. The tax and spend mentality is out of control This year the state is sitting on a budget surplus. Way are taxes still raising? if the navy had a base in AZ i would be gone
    There is no ocean in AZ :-) Although, the Sea of Cortez is closer!

Upvote 0
    May 13, 2004
    Long Beach and points due west
    Name
    Bob Ballew
    Boat
    2520 Parker with twin 200 Yamahas
    They find you when you store a boat in a boat storage yard ...They have to file the info with the county and shortly, your tax bill arrives...appeal the value each year to cut it down some.. do the .same on your residential property taxes...

Reactions: plj46
    Upvote 0

watersdeep

I CATCH IT. I KILL IT. I CLEAN IT. I DON'T DELIVER
  • Jan 19, 2016
    LB
    Name
    Jed Venture
    Boat
    the twisted ducker
    Anybody see the Oxsee moron here?

Reactions: stanky1 and plj46
    Upvote 0