the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Although I wanted to stay in the house and post my political views on BD threads – LOUD SUCKING SOUND, Election Fraud, Corona Virus memes and jokes, would you get the shot? THANK YOU: MR TRUMP, etc., I went fishing instead, sigh.

Had a Grandpa’s start, 7:45 am and took Bolan. What an ordeal. This Dog knows my every move. Just me and her for 4+ months, 24 – 7. Even the little things like putting on my visor tips her off. Putting on shoes . . . She going ballistic. Sooo enthusiastic! To the point of being insane.

Bolan.jpg

Sculpin_Bolan.jpg

Offshore winds 5mph till 9 ish, then came from the west, mild. Water was Bass green, my favorite water color, about 10-15 foot visibility. 57-68 degrees, no apparent current.

Fished the pipe right out of the harbor. Bass gear and lead heads, what I know. Good conditions, however I prefer a better drift from the wind, preferably with the current into the wind. They were mildly going in the same direction. It was good though. Just enough action to keep me there.

Bass 2.jpg

Decent Sandbass.

P1020708.JPG

I did go south and briefly tried a couple spots. Good news was I saw this kelp bed! Maybe the shortened warm water this summer helped a bit. The bed was north of San Mateo. It’s the artificial reef they placed years ago that parallels the shore. No current, no fish.

P1020712.JPG

Got this Sonar the end of last summer. Now I know what kelp looks like, lol.

P1020710.JPG

One thing I have noticed over the years, the winds are usually mild when you see these very high, thin, wispy clouds.

Bass 3.jpg

We kept two 15" Sandbass for tacos

Alright I have said to much, thanks for reading. See you out there . . .

Last edited:

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
Jun 1, 2006
Lakeside
Name
Rob
Boat
sold! / cattle boat
Glad you got out Slider like some of us that are still addicted to the sport & enjoy getting off the sofa, not spending every day & waking hours posting political memes that youre the only one that finds entertaining.....👍

Reactions: Zika and the SLIDER

wlca

Almost A Member
May 5, 2005
Carlsbad
Name
Wayne
Boat
Pro-Line 190 Sport
Those Velcro cattle dogs do have a lot of character. I wish I could take mine fishing but he refuses to even get on the dock. Nice winter fishing!

Reactions: the SLIDER

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Glad you got out and caught a few

Thank you Cory, I hope Lal and you are getting on best you can. You guys are the envy of BD. Now with life's constant curveball and getting older we get more grateful to at least participate. I pray you guys see the new good days to come. Would love to see one of those 100+ Bass days with the both of you guys once again!

Goes to show, live everyday like it's your last. "psuh".

:cheers: