Offshore Just keep fishing the pens!

PENN

sly dawgy

Nov 13, 2010
United States
Name
roberto
So I, guess it's ok to fish the pens for bluefin because we're arrogant gringos and the Mexican's are just mean for shuting the fishery down, I'll be sure to stop by the landings and thank those assholes when Pesca shuts us down to all fishing in Mexico because the shitbag sportboat fleet can,t listen!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
L5AGf.gif

Upvote 0

KNOT HOME

Fuel User
Nov 5, 2010
Ventura, CA
Name
Randy
Boat
Parker 2310 - "Knot Home"
Mods - Just delete this now......
Another useless post on BD just to stir shit up!!!

slydawgy needs to go fishing.....then maybe he can catch a fish to put up as his 14th post....since as mentioned above #13 is USELESS!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

salvatoretocco1

Almost A Member
Aug 7, 2008
san diego ca united states
Name
salvatore tocco`
Boat
none
erasing this thread would not make any sense.....i want to catch bluefin desperately.....but risking the future of sport fishing in Mexico to basically stick your middle finger up to mexico is not smart..... Were talking not just about this year....Could you imagine what that would do to the fleet? or the ultra long range boats?

These boats are obviously still fishing the pens in mexican waters, and I'm scared its going to really mess things up for the future of southern california sport fishing.....I am sure i am going to get the "you love mexicans" comments or something ridiculous...but in reality i love the ability to go down the street and jump on a boat to catch almost every exotic species i can think of. The though of losing that really sucks.

Upvote 0

mafrancis66

Apr 19, 2010
Oceanside, CA, USA
Name
Mark Franics
Boat
Sold it!
So I, guess it's ok to fish the pens for bluefin because we're arrogant gringos and the Mexican's are just mean for shuting the fishery down, I'll be sure to stop by the landings and thank those assholes when Pesca shuts us down to all fishing in Mexico because the shitbag sportboat fleet can,t listen!!!!!!!!!
Interesting post... I don't know what sport boats you are talking about, but the ones I have been on since the BFT shutdown have been catching their fish in US waters!

Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
How were the boats YOU SAW flagged that were fishing the pens?

Upvote 0

Professor

I Should Upgrade My Account
Dec 17, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Name
Yale
Boat
32' Blackman Sportfisher "Riley"
Saw one San Diego long range boat down there next to the pens doing the long soak last Thursday. Didn't see them take a fish of any kind so I guess they were ok.

Upvote 0

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ
Here ya go, Frank.

Cachan gringos illegal fishing
Comments (0)

Send by mailImprimirmiércoles, July 23 2014Por Gerardo Sánchez, The Watcher
The Navy detected Americans fishing in Mexican waters without permits and although they said sport fishing catch quotas exceeded established by law.
Therefore, in case of surprise others in those conditions be detained and seized their boats, said Matthias Rydalch Arjona.
While participating as a guest of the Group 21 Secretary of State Fisheries and Aquaculture, said the situation was reported to the authorities of the United States, including a meeting on the subject in San Diego, California was held.
The purpose, said the state official is warning all those doing sport fishing must have the appropriate permissions to enter into Mexican waters and subject to catch quotas established for anglers.
He indicated that a review by the Navy Department found several boats in Mexican waters, it was detected that some were made without permission and in some cases exceeded the limits for fishing.
In one of the reviews, said Arjona Rydalch, a boat carrying 74 copies of tuna, which is well above the provisions made for sport fishing who was intercepted.
Secretary of Fisheries and Aquaculture said that in that operating no arrests and only many "warned", but since the agreement with the authorities of the neighboring country to be established to report sports fishermen that will each receive strong sanctions if they fail to Mexican law.

Inform EU
The Minister of Fisheries and Aquaculture noted that this situation was informed

Reactions: Mo Betta
Upvote 0

rdrrm8e

Fucking Stan
Nov 19, 2003
Anaheim
bdoutdoors.com
Name
chuck
Boat
No
By Gerardo Sánchez, The Watcher
The Navy detected Americans fishing in Mexican waters without permits and although they said sport fishing catch quotas exceeded established by law.
Therefore, in case of surprise others in those conditions be detained and seized their boats, said Matthias Rydalch Arjona.
While participating as a guest of the Group 21 Secretary of State Fisheries and Aquaculture, said the situation was reported to the authorities of the United States, including a meeting on the subject in San Diego, California was held.
The purpose, said the state official is warning all those doing sport fishing must have the appropriate permissions to enter into Mexican waters and subject to catch quotas established for anglers.
He indicated that a review by the Navy Department found several boats in Mexican waters, it was detected that some were made without permission and in some cases exceeded the limits for fishing.
In one of the reviews, said Arjona Rydalch, a boat carrying 74 copies of tuna, which is well above the provisions made for sport fishing who was intercepted.
Secretary of Fisheries and Aquaculture said that in that operating no arrests and only many "warned", but since the agreement with the authorities of the neighboring country to be established to report sports fishermen that will each receive strong sanctions if they fail to Mexican law.

Inform EU
The Minister of Fisheries and Aquaculture said the situation was reported to the authorities of the United States, including a meeting on the subject in San Diego, California was held.

Reactions: Mo Betta
Upvote 0

vincentek9

halibut suck
Apr 9, 2010
anaheim, CA
Name
Vince
Boat
AVparker
i wonder which boats are doing it? most boats doing the BFT thing are west of SD around the 43. so either mexico cant tell the difference betwen a bft and yft, or a sportie is breaking the rules. i'd like to see how this pans out

Upvote 0