Just got back from CABO ( again ) on EL DIABLO LOCO ... Jan 22

sammyvelvet

• Aug 8, 2013
    long beach
    Name
    sammy
    Boat
    no
    Hey Guys ... We just got back from CABO SAN LUCAS . We went 1/19 -1/25. Here is the scoop:

Day one of fishing 1/20 :
    Weather was nice .. but everyone there was crying it was COLD .. LOL .. well maybe for them it was like 70 a little colder with the wind chill when the boat started to move . So The Juanitos got the PANGA ready and we gassed up .. got bait .. some nice size Makarelas and Caballitos .. we headed out of the Arch then made a right and headed up north. Juanito made a beeline to a spot he said that they ran into a school of Wahoo ... we ran for about 30 min then he put out planers and some spoons .. we trolled .. got hit a few times but nothing stuck .. so he said lets switch out to troll some live baits ... we did .. kept getting hits and baits getting tore up .. but the wahoo would not stick . We could even see them playing with the baits like 6 feet from the Panga .. but maybe they were full from eating all night ... so off we went and trolled again .. hit a few fat Bonitas .. then dropped down got some nice Snappers and pargo ... so we had a good fun day
    Day Two: Went to try for some sierras or wahoo again ... no cooperation from the fish .. so we decided lets drop down .. we did and got some more Snappers and Pargos .. and some other stuff i dont even know what they were ... then moved on and decided to soak some baits .. after about 30 min one line started to move .. but slowly .. then stop .. then again .. then stop .. it was weird .. well when it finally did .. all crap broke loose .. a nice Size striper took the bait ... nice fish about 140 -145 lbs .. good fight but we could see he must have been sucking on that bait for a while because he was gut hooked and puked out his gut .. I got him in about 15 min to the boat ... we were hoping he might be ok .. but NO WAY .. he was bleeding like a stuck pig .. So WE release all the Marlin we catch and Juanito knows that .. but he said this ones gonna die .. so we kept it ... a beautiful fish .. a great fight .. but felt bad that we were not able to release him ... but he was not wasted .. the Juanitos got half we took half and got a bunch of it smoked to share with everyone and take home as well .. so that was a good day for us .. a bad day for the fish ...
    Day 3 Headed out to Punto Rojo since everyone was going the other way and Juanito said so ... We got told there are very few or no Dorado around... we head out that way and after about 45 min .. first dorado ... then before we knew it we had 3 Dorado .. and some more pargo on jigs we were throwing .. hit a couple of dorado on the jigs and they got away .. and some more on trolled baits ... so went back with good assortment of fish again and the Dorado that wernt there .... That is why I let Juanito call the shots ... anyways all in all another great trip ....
    Bonus day ... Monday .. we went out to La Ribera .. did some surf fishing ... caught some nice Sierra from the shore .... had a great morning on the beach ... a great day .. took them back to Capt Tonys had some fresh Sierra Ceviche ....
    So all in all it was a good trip ... but I will tell you whats happening ... the Inspectors are back and enforcing fish limits .. but kind of backfiring because you can only get 4 sierra .. but each fisherman can take a Marlin .. so guess what .. we saw tons and tons of marlin being taken from boats to be flilleted it was like a parade .. each bucket with two marlin plus whatever else they caught .... Stupid law .. and they are being A HOLES .. one panguero came back with like 25 sierra .. they took his boat .. with everything on it .. and handcuffed him and took him away ... they are checking licenses and a bunch of other paperwork the Capt has to fill out ... keep that in mind when you go down there ...
    Well here are some pics ...
    Also IF you ever want GREAT MENUDO for the HANGOVER ... I posted a pic of it and the place where you can get great Menudo and Birria ... and of course a pic of me relaxing at the end of the day at the SQUID of course with one of the Girls .. Alicia ... well hope you enjoy the info .. any questions just send me a message ..

IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_6226.jpg

IMG_6223.jpg

IMG_6198.jpg

IMG_6187.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

IMG_2126.jpg

IMG_2130.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

IMG_2036.jpg

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Great report/info/pics. Juanito is a fish magnet.
    Those well educated local Wahoo know he's
    coming sounds like? LOL Looks like a fun time
    a variety of fish to wind on. Solid work.

Upvote 0

sammyvelvet

• Aug 8, 2013
    long beach
    Name
    sammy
    Boat
    no
    I want one of those shirts his boy is wearing. 3 weeks, I'll be doing the same!
    I had those made .. if you like I can send you the artwork and you can get it printed on whatever you want ... I made some for me and my buddy and the Juanitos ... they would dig it if they saw you in them ... LOL ... send me message and email and I will send you the artwork ..

Reactions: curtisD
    Upvote 0

pascuale

http://www.odysseatackleco.com/
    Advertiser
  • Aug 14, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Ethan
    Boat
    3rd world country panga fleet
    Excellent trip. Those guys are awesome to fish with.

Upvote 0

sammyvelvet

• Aug 8, 2013
    long beach
    Name
    sammy
    Boat
    no
    They caught some Sierras and BONITAS on 1/30 .. the day before they caught 5 marlin all catch and release ... good fishing right now .. nice size stripers ... he said no pics because did quick release on all the marlin ...

IMG_2158.JPG

IMG_2159.JPG

Upvote 0