Workplacesafety

Reducing workplace injuries and illnesses
  • Feb 20, 2010
    Long Beach Ca.
    Name
    Jeff Bruner
    Boat
    14ft Valco, San Diego Long Range Boats
    I've been just hammering the Yellows on my little 14ft Valco the last couple of weeks so decided to take today off and smoke up a batch, looks pretty good. The sport boats crack up when they see me coming I caught the Native Sun just brailing bait on a sonar mark so I let them get settled and dropped my anchor about 100 yards away well up the port side, caught 5 legit 20lbers on a Fishdoggary sardine 7x before they swam off. Released all 5 of them because I don't have room for any more.

This might be the best local season of my life.

002.JPG

104.JPG

106.JPG

Gonna put a bow rail on it this off season, dangerous walking around up there. Uses about 3 gallons and change a day.

Last edited:
    Reactions: jiggyn
    Upvote 0

Workplacesafety

Reducing workplace injuries and illnesses
  • Feb 20, 2010
    Long Beach Ca.
    Name
    Jeff Bruner
    Boat
    14ft Valco, San Diego Long Range Boats
    Thanks Max, I've been fishing so much I haven't had time. I thought about planks, or maybe even some thick rubber like the long range boats had a few years ago. I'm open to suggestion. My back's kind of fucked up from all this tiller steering LOL

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    Shit, Ill bet its a lot of peoples best local season,all the landings for sure.

Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    whichever has the longest bunk
    If you are playing around offshore in that rig, be sure to always carry a big white cooler. It's a lot easier for the Coast Guard chopper to see. Stay safe, Jeff. You do realize I hope that from below you have a similar dark outline as a fat elephant seal.

Upvote 0

PoolMan

7 'dines short of a full scoop
    Nov 7, 2005
    La Costa
    Name
    Chuck G
    Boat
    8' sabot #69
    I had plywood floorboards in my (about 1/4" is all you need) which I cut roughly to the shape of the floor. They just laid there so you could lift them out for cleaning or whatever. It gives you a stable floor and keeps any water under the deck. I also did a raised anchor locker at the bow which gave a platform you could use up front as well as some storage. Great gas mileage on the little boats.

Upvote 0