Just came back from Oahu

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by huck, Mar 5, 2006.

1. huck

huck goin' barefoot

Name:
    Tim
    Boat:
    2.5' morey boogie
    I hadn't been fishing in a lllooonnggg time but bought a cheap pole while I was out there and hooked up with a couple of guys from the ulua-fishing message forum and had a great time. We tried the North Shore but ended up back behind my friends house on the East side and whipped for some Papio (Trevally) and cought a few. I ended up fishing every day just for fun, I let most of it go except for a nice 2lb Papio which I BBQ'd and it was damned good!

Anyway, it inspired me to start fishing here at home so I picked up a rod and reel today and am looking forward to catching some fish!

-------------------
    edit: here's my first Papio, and what got me hooked!! Thanks for the welcome guys, I'm stoked to be fishing again!

[​IMG]

2. Mark66

Mark66 Member

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    27' Cat
    Way cool Tim, Just like riding a bike huh? A big bike with a huge crack pipe attached and fully loaded! :rofl:

Nice first post, this is gonna be a fun season with the fish, there are alot of great fisherman on this board (I'm not one of them) so sac up and enjoy the place! :finger: :)

Mark

3. skippajack

skippajack Newbie

Name:
    Skip Boranian
    Boat:
    17ft whaler with cab
    Right on brah sounds like good trip!!!!

4. Smudge

Smudge Moderate

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    I'm just a deckhand...
    Welcome aboard!!! Now hold on tight!!

5. skippajack

skippajack Newbie

Name:
    Skip Boranian
    Boat:
    17ft whaler with cab
    nice little omilu brah!!! whipping is good fun

6. mponient

mponient Phantomjig

Name:
    mike poniente
    Boat:
    none
    ...wad ya catch it on ...??

7. huck

huck goin' barefoot

Name:
    Tim
    Boat:
    2.5' morey boogie
    I was using 12# (should've used 6 or 8#) test with a carolina rig (4# leader) and "firecracker curly tails"... clear grubs with red and blue flakes. The clear grubs with silver flakes seemed to be the best, but they were biting pretty much anything.

8. Robert Loughran

Robert Loughran Captian

Name:
    Robert
    Boat:
    30,Bayliner, Reelter
    Nice first Post:appl:

9. fatbass

fatbass Newbie

Name:
    Chad
    Boat:
    Red Rooster III
    Oh Timmy, I shouldn't have told you about this site. Now you have gone to the dark side and there is no turning back. See Tim, the problem all starts with something inncocent like surf fishing or going to your local lake or golf course pond. You think "yeah, I really like fishing" and then it happens. One of your buddies(like me) says "hey, wana try tuna fishing?" Being naieve to what you are getting into, you agree. You wake up the next mornig on a boat miles from home with some guy yelling "Hook Up!" You throw your sardine out, all of a sudden your line starts screaming off your reel, you throw your reel in gear, and well, the rest is a blur of pure ecstasy.:_shopping Soon Susan will be wondering why your savings account is slowly disapearing and why you are so secretive about what you are keeping in the garage.(you can stash tackle at my house if you need to) :rofl:
    Your kids will be running around the house yelling phrases like "Fresh One" and "Gaff" from the excessive fishing videos you play while babysitting. Important dates on your calendar will change from kids B-days, anniversaries,and X-mas, to "leave on 5-day trip", "Leave on 10-day trip" "Fred Hall Show" ect. Your thirst will never be satisfied, only quenched for short periods of time. For you Tim there is still hope, you can stop now and walk........what the hell am I saying. Lets go fishing!!!!! In all seriousness Tim, this is the best fishing board around. You have to have thick skin, but you will not find a group of people who are more helpful or more passionate about fishing. Let me be the first to give you a traditional Bloody Decks welcome :finger: We will definetly get out and fish next week once this weather blows by.

10. huck

huck goin' barefoot

Name:
    Tim
    Boat:
    2.5' morey boogie
    LOL!!! Thanks Chad! I might have crossed that line already... I'm cringing for dramamine!

I'm looking forward to catching some fish next week!

11. Cap Jeff Rogers

Cap Jeff Rogers Fish Abuser

Name:
    Capt. Jeff Rogers
    Boat:
    Aloha kai
  12. huck

huck goin' barefoot

Name:
    Tim
    Boat:
    2.5' morey boogie
    Thanks for slapping some sense into me!

It tells you how long it's been since I've been on a boat... all I remember is watching some guy toss his breakfast (I could tell he had eggs) and the rest of the day was miserable. I was chumming the water for a good 5 hours.