the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Very nice wind/rain event last Monday. Watched Surfline (surfing website) all day, cameras up and down the coast. It was brutal conditions that day. I love seeing sporty conditions or big waves. I hate being out on the water in either, especially both.

Weather was forecasted to be calm today. At 7:00 am things looked look. Was not planning on going, but the boat is always ready, so I went. Offshore winds, 5 mph. Water 55-56 degrees, a little colder. Murky green water with about 8-10 feet visibility. Slight current downhill. Wind stopped and it got glassy about an hour in. Really, conditions were good. However, “only the early bird catches the worm”. Too cold + Embarcadero Landing is empty = Gentleman’s start.

Tried about 5 or 6 bottom Bass spots. Three of them produced 3 bass each within 20 minutes, than nothing. Calicos and one Sandie. All cookie cutter 12”-13”ers.

P1020733.JPG

Again . . . high wispy clouds, mild winds.

P1020736.JPG

Bolan always gets to the rail when a fish is on. Still haven’t figure out what the “tell” is for her. Cast after cast, but she always knows when to step up to the rail.

Embarcadero wash-down takes quarters. They don’t last long either. Good chance of frying your motor if you get distracted. I thought I would give you a little something for your back pocket..

P1020731.JPG

Three quarters to fill the container and it runs for at least 15 minutes without needing water. Run it, squirt down the rest of your boat, done in 15 minutes.

Get out there, keep your head straight.

“psuh”

flytie

Oct 20, 2012
Orange, CA USA
Name
GC
Boat
Out of Office - Custom Invader CC
Thanks for the report. Glad to see someone getting out. Boat has been stuck in the garage as I complete the rebuild of my camper. Can't wait to be back on the water.

Reactions: the SLIDER

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    "God does not charge time spent fishing against a man’s allotted life span."
    -- Old fisherman's proverb

Thanks for the report, Bolan is fast becoming a "deck dog"!

Get yourself one of these and leave the container at home. It'll save you some quarters and they wont slip off like "bunny ears" sometimes do.

FlushKit (2).jpg

bdogie1

Almost A Member
  • May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    Very nice wind/rain event last Monday. Watched Surfline (surfing website) all day, cameras up and down the coast. It was brutal conditions that day. I love seeing sporty conditions or big waves. I hate being out on the water in either, especially both.

Weather was forecasted to be calm today. At 7:00 am things looked look. Was not planning on going, but the boat is always ready, so I went. Offshore winds, 5 mph. Water 55-56 degrees, a little colder. Murky green water with about 8-10 feet visibility. Slight current downhill. Wind stopped and it got glassy about an hour in. Really, conditions were good. However, “only the early bird catches the worm”. Too cold + Embarcadero Landing is empty = Gentleman’s start.

Tried about 5 or 6 bottom Bass spots. Three of them produced 3 bass each within 20 minutes, than nothing. Calicos and one Sandie. All cookie cutter 12”-13”ers.

View attachment 1249269
    Again . . . high wispy clouds, mild winds.

View attachment 1249271
    Bolan always gets to the rail when a fish is on. Still haven’t figure out what the “tell” is for her. Cast after cast, but she always knows when to step up to the rail.

Embarcadero wash-down takes quarters. They don’t last long either. Good chance of frying your motor if you get distracted. I thought I would give you a little something for your back pocket..

View attachment 1249268
    Three quarters to fill the container and it runs for at least 15 minutes without needing water. Run it, squirt down the rest of your boat, done in 15 minutes.

Get out there, keep your head straight.

“psuh”
    Great idea ! I like it...