Just a 2nd Round Draft Pick, Not Quite up to Knoty's tOSU Standards

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by BiggestT, Sep 24, 2017.

1. BiggestT

BiggestT I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    <blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some wonder why <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash">#NFL</a> emphasizes athletic ability, Marcus Williams shows it on this <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Saints?src=hash">#Saints</a> INT. In traffic, one handed INT. Tip drill by KV <a href="https://t.co/TMSzl5nZLq">pic.twitter.com/TMSzl5nZLq</a></p>&mdash; Deuce Windham (@RevDeuceWindham) <a href="">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. KnotyBuoyz

KnotyBuoyz Not so newbie anymore

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    WEAKNESSES
    Needs to add some muscle on his slim frame. More of a finesses safety than hitter. Takes the worst of it in one-on-one tackles. Can be dragged along for additional yardage. Plays with a hitch in his transition from backpedal. Occasionally follows quarterback's eyes too carefully and can be manipulated.:eek:

3. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Strengths: Athleticism is off the charts. 4.45 for the 40. 44" vertical leap. Topped the combine for the agility drills. Huge hands. Probably the best range of any Safety. It's a passing league not a run league, so your negative copied from scouting assessment are a bit gratuitous. He's freaking starting as a rookie and already making plays. Beginning to think that you really do drink the Koolaid and don't have any idea on talent assessment.

4. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10

That was not my assessment T, that was a simple copy/paste job and you know it. The guy made a nice catch on a tipped ball, so excuse me if I don't get all giddy over a guy being in the right place at the right time.

Since I have not seen him play, I won't make an uninformed assessment. You know me better than that. I would however like to point out, that despite all those strengths you posted, he was picked BEHIND AN OHIO STATE BUCKEYE. Let me buy you a drink of truth serum my man:D

5. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Of course I knew it was a copy and paste job; I expect nothing less from you.

6. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Ouch, that is a low blow T, way below the belt when one considers it was factual. Don't I get just a little bit of credit for the research involved in my last post? Hell, I found all that guys weakneeses and this. The league is loaded with Buckeye DB's! Or would you rather not talk about those little nuggets? :D

IMG_0048.JPG

7. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Aside from the fact that you admitted it was a C&P, it showed little assessment. Like an employment performance review, they feel obligated to highlight some weaknesses in those NFL scouting reports. I've read them. They need to be viewed in light of the player's strengths, which in this case were off the charts. So you dug for dirt, but can't get yourself to admit the guy is strong. Then you dismiss the play I posted as merely being lucky and in the right spot at the right time. Guess what, when that happens more than once, it's not luck.....

8. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Looked up stats for all three. Ironically, Lattimore is on the Saints with Marcus Williams, but Lattimore is a CB, while Williams is a Safety. WIlliams has 12 tackles and an INT; Lattimore has 11 tackles and no INTs. Did not play in the 1st game while Williams has been a starter in all 3 games to date.

Conley has played in 2 games for the Raiders and has 7 tackles and no INTs.

Hooker has played in all 3 games for the Colts and has 9 tackles and 2 INTs.

Based on those early results, only Hooker has matched Williams, so the relative underperformance for tOSU continues into the NFL.:D

9. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10

Nice work T, two thumbs up for that research. You are a persistent individual. I didn't want to put much effort into assessing Williams, because I knew Lattimore was a first round pick by the Saints. Since he went ahead of your guy, if this was match play I go one up. Since your guy has made one extra tackle and a pick, you get that one, we are all square. Both those guys are off to a good start in the league, so there is no winner or loser here, yet. I'm thinking one of us may revisit this match a bit later in the season. Again, nice work, thanks for the update on my boys, and you know I ain't buying that last assessment. :D

10. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    I will concede that Conley has better stats than Keith McGill and Sean Smith, Utah DBs on the Raiders. I haven't watched, but I believe Smith's playing time has been limited due to legal issues (domestic violence, shameful if true) he had during training camp. Not sure about McGill. It's a tough game and there's always the next man up.