June Lake Loop 10/19-21

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing Reports' started by rstephens91350, Oct 22, 2017.

1. rstephens91350

rstephens91350 Newbie

Name:
    roger
    Boat:
    18' 4Winns - traded for plumbing work
    About 12 of us were up for a few days. Fished all over, but limited on Friday due to wind. Thursday night we had a bit of snow too. Areas fished: Walker, Grant inlet, Silver(tube, beach, and inlet to Rush), June(shore by reeds), Gull(park and boats). a 4.75 lb'r was big fish, caught on pink/whi mouse tail on Gull Saturday morning. PS-it was 22 degrees when we got to Gull around 7am......dress warm/layers! The guys who fished Walker on Friday tromped thru some snow/mud, ended up with couple 14" fish, and mostly 10-12" stockers. June was lots of 10-12" stockers, and 1 brown about 12". The tuber on Silver did ok, again, nothing worth keeping. Gull was full of 10-12" fish too. I C & R'd about 25 and kept a couple bleeders. All were 10-12", maybe one a bit bigger, all but 3 on crawlers under a bubble. For the group,Mice tails and night crawlers caught the fish. I think one guy had a power bait fish. Other than the biggun....the fish were small and "skinny" for the most part. My guess is F & G has been emptying the hatcheries of smaller fish, and they are struggling to find food. Gull and June Marinas still open, Silver closed and sadly, so is Cafe. Main gate at Grant locked (road towards camping/marina).

2. bparker1225

bparker1225 Ocean Addiction

Name:
    Bill Parker
    Boat:
    21' 6" Cabo-Cabo Bill
    IMG_1653.JPG A IMG_0886.JPG IMG_0887.JPG IMG_0865.JPG We returned on friday after snow and 60 mph winds at Convict. Saw 5 Semis blown over on their sides returning home on the 395. We traveled around and caught and released 150+ fish but nothing over 2 pounds. Most of our fish were fat and beautiful. Buoyants and Sierra Slammers caught most of our fish.

3. marlyn

marlyn I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    mark
    Boat:
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    The silver lake resort and cafe closed at 12pm Monday,just missed it.

Beer Goggles likes this.
  4. Beer Goggles

Beer Goggles Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    O
    Boat:
    The Snapper Slapper
    I'm heading up friday through monday. Pulling the kids from school so they can see the fall colors up there. I'm trying to teach them that fishing and going to the Sierra's is more important than school. I'll probably fish silver and rush with the boys and walk Lee Vining creek solo. Probably also will hike down to rainbow falls- I heard the steps down are closed but the view points up top are still good to go. Thanks for the reports and the pictures..

5. albacore11

albacore11 Member Intrepid 200# Club

Name:
    Christopher
    Boat:
    Gone but not forgotten
    That is really unusual, they are usually open until the close of fishing season, which is November 15. Had friends up and they were disappointed, went to Whoa Nelly Deli instead.

6. marlyn

marlyn I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    mark
    Boat:
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    I've been going there along time and they always closed mid October as far as I know,state campground stays open a little longer I think.

7. bparker1225

bparker1225 Ocean Addiction

Name:
    Bill Parker
    Boat:
    21' 6" Cabo-Cabo Bill
    Most importantly still lots of great fishing up there!