Soda Pop

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Every year the Red Rooster is the last boat going down to the lower zone fishing for Tuna and Wahoo as the summer is just around the corner. The next long trip down to the lower zone what happen until Oct. I have been on the June Heat a few times. Always a great group to share the rail with. With Capt. Andy Cates at the helm and Leo from Accurate reels having loaner reels with matching Cal-Star and Seeker rods to check out. So chime in if your on this trip.... if your not on this trip chime in anyways...we always like words of encouragement.

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
I like this group to fish with... Also the crew is fresh off of boat work and raring to go. The boat is in pristine condition and we get first crack at the improvements that Andy and the crew have made to the boat. Going down and having the place to ourselves has advantages too. Some trips are corrosive with sharks, just one angle of fishing that you need to overcome. Mainly this is at Clarion, but the really big ones are caught there too and when the big ones show, the sharks let up. Two trips I had 4 cows and two more with 2 supers along with loads of sub cows. Some trips are epic wahoo that Andy says No Mas to the skinnies. This trip is the perfect storm.

Reactions: ChrisE

Mike Nall

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 1, 2014
Name
Boomer
Boat
Any one that floats.
I'll be there. Don't forget the Orange and Black bombs.

Reactions: Bill W

Josa1

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 17, 2009
San Pedro, CA, USA
Name
Joe
Boat
Red Rooster III
I'm really looking forward to the trip. I'm starting my prep now. I tell myself,,,,,,"START A LIST!!!!" After all these years I still don't have all the things I need to take locked firmly in my mind.
I'll say this, there's nothing like a 15 day fishing trip, with a great bunch of skilled people, to help you really appreciate the "art" of fishing!
I'm READY!
josa1

Last edited:

RichG

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 20, 2007
California
Name
Richard G/
Boat
none
Soda, don't forget to order extra Diet Coke. Josa , just bring your whole garage, that way you won't forget anything. Starting to organize my stuff. If I forget anything I can borrow for Josa , Lynn or Bill. See you in a few weeks. Travel safe.

Reactions: Josa1

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Soda, don't forget to order extra Diet Coke. Josa , just bring your whole garage, that way you won't forget anything. Starting to organize my stuff. If I forget anything I can borrow for Josa , Lynn or Bill. See you in a few weeks. Travel safe.
Rich I am going to bring extra Diet Coke. But I will call the office to remind them. Thanks for the heads up. See you in a few weeks.

Reactions: RichG

spinner

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 2, 2007
irvine
Name
mikegooing
Boat
none
I could be a last min add on/loved fishing with wild bill and that group/incredible group of men.,best I have ever fished with/soda pop would just be icing on the cake

Reactions: Soda Pop and Bill W

Mike Nall

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 1, 2014
Name
Boomer
Boat
Any one that floats.
Rich I am going to bring extra Diet Coke. But I will call the office to remind them. Thanks for the heads up. See you in a few weeks.
I got you, soda. I'm the one who does the ordering anyways. How many would you like for yourself?

Josa1

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 17, 2009
San Pedro, CA, USA
Name
Joe
Boat
Red Rooster III
Hey Richard, That's exactly what I'm always afraid of, that I will bring the whole garage. Will be great to fish with you again, hope some of your talent wears off on me. And yes, if you forget anything (or if I do) we can definitely work it out.
josa1

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
I got you, soda. I'm the one who does the ordering anyways. How many would you like for yourself?
Mike can you place me a order of 75-100 Diet Cokes. That would be great!!
Thank You Mike.

RichG

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 20, 2007
California
Name
Richard G/
Boat
none
Hey Richard, That's exactly what I'm always afraid of, that I will bring the whole garage. Will be great to fish with you again, hope some of your talent wears off on me. And yes, if you forget anything (or if I do) we can definitely work it out.
josa1
Joe I think it's the other way around, your talent and expertise helps me and the others. Looking forward to sharing the rail with you as always. Will miss Ralfa.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Well I get to go next year. Do I count in the "roll call"
Been too long. Life seems to interfere. Hope to make the trip next year.

Best luck to everybody!

Reactions: Josa1

reellady

I'd rather be catching TUNA
Aug 26, 2011
fresno, ca usa
Name
donna
Boat
reel lady
I will be there, Mike, make sure plenty of bud light on the boat too. Looking forward to seeing my favorite captain and crew, and you too Sheffy!!

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Time to start packing. Just finished shopping for the crew. Soda pop packed.... inventory of hooks and top shots finished up. Its all coming together. It will be great to fish the bird again with a top notch Capt. and crew. Departing my home next Friday at 6AM..... with Donna.... first stop will be Squdico for some last minute shopping and have them put new line on my Wahoo reels. This trip is always a great time out on the water. I am excited to share the rail with you all once again.

reellady

Aug 26, 2011
fresno, ca usa
Name
donna
Boat
reel lady
I am also packed, tackle box and clothing. Reels have been blue-printed, hooks have been sharpened, and all leaders made. I am totally ready to get on the water again with the best captain and crew, and of course Sheffy who puts chocolate candy on my pillow at night.

RichG

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 20, 2007
California
Name
Richard G/
Boat
none
I am also packed, tackle box and clothing. Reels have been blue-printed, hooks have been sharpened, and all leaders made. I am totally ready to get on the water again with the best captain and crew, and of course Sheffy who puts chocolate candy on my pillow at night.
Does Cheffy give you clean sheets, and vacuum as well. Need to bribe to do mine. Ha ha

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
Good luck on your trip gents! Curious.. how many days of fishing do you get on a 15 day trip?

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
Depends on travel to spots... 18 hours between Hurricane Bank and Clarion. But a solid est. is 7 days.

Reactions: Rodless_Jim

Josa1

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 17, 2009
San Pedro, CA, USA
Name
Joe
Boat
Red Rooster III
I'm through with fishing gear prep. Just remade about 10 bombs that were decimated last year. New hooks, swivels, spinner blades and mylar paper. Wahoo Bob Cherry gave me a jig bucket so I've put all of my bombs into that. Didn't realize I had so many! Looking forward to spending some time at the rail with everyone and having a good trip.
NO SHARKS ALLOWED!
josa1

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
Not an option... you fish, the sharks come. Like you eat and well you know...

Reactions: Rodless_Jim

reellady

Aug 26, 2011
fresno, ca usa
Name
donna
Boat
reel lady
Does Cheffy give you clean sheets, and vacuum as well. Need to bribe to do mine. Ha ha
Yes, he does vacuum, but no clean sheets. I am bringing my strawberry jam and olallieberry jelly again.

Reactions: RichG

RichG

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 20, 2007
California
Name
Richard G/
Boat
none
Sharks? Bill remember you trying to get away from them in the skiff. They liked you and followed. Keep our fingers crossed, that they aren't hungry.