RichG

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 20, 2007
California
Name
Richard G/
Boat
none
The Red Rooster III is leaving Sat. May 28 for the last trip of the year down south. 15 days, fun and great food and usually great fishing.

I just heard there are two openings. If you want to have some fun, great group called the RR office. (619) 224-3857.

Generally, this trip has a waiting list.

Just passing on some information.

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
A lot of fun guys on that trip and good fishing too. Big plus is fishing on a dark moon...

Reactions: Squid Sammich

Squid Sammich

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 23, 2015
Texas
Name
Matt
Boat
To be determined
I've been told more than once that the moon phase doesn't make a noticeable difference over there but here in the gulf (at least the Texas side) it ABSOLUTELY does and is always the first factor we weigh when booking a tuna trip. That being said the yft game is about 95% a nighttime activity here in Texas so that may be reason behind it.

Wish I could sign up for this trip, there's some characters on this one. I believe Soda Pop is one of em.

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
Making bait is a lot easier on a dark moon. Full or dark moon the factor is current. On occasion a raging current can be bad. No current is bad too. Sardines are good bait but a couple of tanks of big bait is really nice...

I'm thinking three slammers of sardines has got to smell good to a tuna swimming by...

dinko

Jul 13, 2009
long beach, calif
Name
danny
Boat
excel
I've been told more than once that the moon phase doesn't make a noticeable difference over there but here in the gulf (at least the Texas side) it ABSOLUTELY does and is always the first factor we weigh when booking a tuna trip. That being said the yft game is about 95% a nighttime activity here in Texas so that may be reason behind it.

Wish I could sign up for this trip, there's some characters on this one. I believe Soda Pop is one of em.
also the gentleman that I think is the best long range fisherman I've seen in a long time.. bob hohman !! seems like bob and soda pop are always hooked up !!!

Rodless_Jim

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 3, 2008
Mexico, DF, Mexico
Name
Jim
Boat
Strictly a Rider
The Red Rooster III is leaving Sat. May 28 for the last trip of the year down south. 15 days, fun and great food and usually great fishing.

I just heard there are two openings. If you want to have some fun, great group called the RR office. (619) 224-3857.

Generally, this trip has a waiting list.

Just passing on some information.
Oh man, you're killing me! A chance to fish with Bill W? OK, let me shake my piggy bank...

RichG

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 20, 2007
California
Name
Richard G/
Boat
none
Get those coins out of that bank... I wonder if Peso will be accepted.. Yup Wild Bill himself and Soda Pop.

Squid Sammich

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 23, 2015
Texas
Name
Matt
Boat
To be determined
Damn I forgot B Dub was on this one also. Wish I had that much vacation left. Seriously would love to fish with him.

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
Matt... You are fishing with some of the best guys in long range on your next trip. With that said learn and explore what works for you. Once you get your groove it gets a lot easier...

Squid Sammich

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 23, 2015
Texas
Name
Matt
Boat
To be determined
Thanks Bill, I hope I find a groove because there is going to be some stiff competition at the rail on this trip. Thanks again for all the advice and patience you've shown me.

Reactions: Bill W

Squid Sammich

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 23, 2015
Texas
Name
Matt
Boat
To be determined
I live between Freeport and Sargent. My family (Tischlers) are from Corpus and still have an uncle there.

Squid Sammich

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 23, 2015
Texas
Name
Matt
Boat
To be determined
It's all piggy Fay, that's why we have to thin em out as much as possible.

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
Hi Jesse...
I'm chomping at the bit for June Heat... Is your Brother coming out? Making a 6 rod holder right now that is coming out really nice.

RichG

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 20, 2007
California
Name
Richard G/
Boat
none
OK, the chit chat is nice. I hear Texas is underwater, at least along the coast, Hope all you Texicans stay safe and dry.

Anyway, FYI, I here there are still two spot. Reading the RP report, it sounds like the sharks are very hungry. Bring a lot of hooks, etc. See you in a few weeks.

joelocalguy

Nov 19, 2010
California
Name
joe johnson
Boat
none
Hi Jesse...
I'm chomping at the bit for June Heat... Is your Brother coming out? Making a 6 rod holder right now that is coming out really nice.
Bill, did you by any chance go watch the Ball brothers play basketball this year? Saw them at the State Championships in March. What a show!