bassandbutts

Feb 15, 2012
CA
Name
Tim
Boat
It floats
Hi All,

Taking a trip down to San Diego in June and staying at the Sheraton Hotel and Marina. Attached is the location. Is there any good shore fishing right around that marina? Is it worth it bring a pole and throw some swimbaits or any other suggestions? Any tips on species or location would be great.
Thanks in advance for any info!
Tim

sheraton san diego.JPG

Jun 10, 2004
Jamul
Name
used to fish
Boat
50 Silverton
Lots of Spotted bay bass. 8 lb test and gulp jerks or curly tails, Corvina come out at night with a topwater LC minnows....er I may have said to much?

Reactions: bassandbutts

MattFred1414

• Jan 3, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20ft Skeeter Zx20Bay
    When I first moved here I fished the entire rocky shoreline across the street for a few weeks. You can definitely catch a ton of spotties and some halibut at the right time. I fished closer to the restaurant on the southern side (I think) and near the park. I used drop shots with a small grub, tube baits and Jig Para Spins. When it’s high tide they’ll hit right along the rocks.

Reactions: bassandbutts

bassandbutts

Feb 15, 2012
    CA
    Name
    Tim
    Boat
    It floats
    Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I'll try some Gulp grubs or something like that and see what happens. Never caught a spottie before so it would be cool to put my kid and I on some.
    Thanks!

cortezpirasea

Pangero
    Feb 23, 2012
    la mesa, ca
    Name
    Russell
    Boat
    21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
    Rent a tiny little skiff and see what the bay is really like...

Reactions: aztec23