May 31, 2003
Poway redneck
www.wedigscripps.com
Name
Ron
Boat
23' Maritime Patriot
Way under-gunned to say the least...

5 miles NW of the 43 was something to see this morning. 200+ pound BFT chasing flying fish everywhere you looked. Bellyfloppin' like Shamu, putting on a great show!

Wasn't geared up for this size fish, but tried trolling a couple large Nomad lures on 60# - figured if I got extremly lucky and got bit, it would probably not end well :spank:.

Also pinned on a couple mackerel on 40#, and dumped most of my bait slow trolling around, again figured if I got extremely lucky, I would probably end up demolished at best.

Found a paddy about a mile short of the 43 loaded with the same micro-dorado (more my speed :rolleyes:).

Really nice morning and the wind came up later on. Other than that, another great day spent on the pond.

Upvote 0

Hustler

He's On Again!?!
May 31, 2003
Poway redneck
www.wedigscripps.com
Name
Ron
Boat
23' Maritime Patriot
Why'd you leave the big guns home? Bet it was something waiting to get bit. Thx for the report.

Was planning on locating/working paddies around the 182 and looking for yellowfin. Just happened to end up out at the 43.

Yup, the heavy stuff was safe and sound in my garage (I only have so many rocket launchers on the boat and try to bring what I think I will need).

Never fails :Beat_Them ...

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
  • Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    Almost seems they have ESP... Go big! They bite light and vice versa.
    You had 60 and 40 pound thats heavy.........5 years ago. 8-)

Reactions: Hustler and Ryan js
    Upvote 0

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Don't worry brother..... If you would have hooked up on #40 or #60 and got one of those bad boys.....In the boat..... you'd be our "HERO" today. ...lol. At least you tried.... and the others know where to look. Appreciate the honesty....and your report!!

Reactions: HarborSeal
    Upvote 0

Capt Devo

Fish Hard
    Mar 14, 2010
    San Clemente
    Name
    Devo
    Boat
    Trophy
    I wrap my 50wides up tightly in Grocery bags safe from the salt spray but they can be handy so they have to come with l hate to get them wet they were expensive

Reactions: Ryan js
    Upvote 0