July 21, 2010 Lahaina Harbor, Maui Hawaii

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by Startmeup, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Aloha! Start Me Up Is Reeling Them In

[​IMG]
    Matt Carr, Mike Olson and Sandie Olson with 2 onos and a kawakawa caught on a 4 hour shared trip.
    [​IMG]
    Matthew and Bill Oellerich with 2 onos a mahi and a kawakawa all caught on an early morning father and son charter.
    [​IMG]
    Two are better than one, Stephen Green with his 22 pound onos.
    [​IMG]
    Justin and Kara Willhoite with two onos caught on a shared charter.
    [​IMG]
    Pete Reed with his ono catch one weighing 34 pounds.
    [​IMG]
    It was a 3 hour tour departing at 2pm with Nita, Danny, Taylor, Sammie and Nathan Sandoval. It developed quickly into a trip of a lifetime for all. After an hour and forty five minute fight Danny got the 470 pound blue marlin to leader and the captain and deck hand brought her on board. So, the next time you hear someone say you cannot possibly catch a big one on a short trip just say “You can’t catch them sitting on the couch”.
    [​IMG]
    Tyler Steward with a 25 pound ono caught with his father on a 6 hour charter.
    [​IMG]
    The Guidoboni family with their mahi catch.
    [​IMG]
    The Fischer brothers with their nabeta caught on an afternoon bottom fishing trip.
    [​IMG]
    Horace Miller and Amber Astleford with their 29 and 24 pound onos caught on a 6 hour shared charter.
    [​IMG]
    Thumbs Up to the Staas and DeYoung families on their ono caught on a 2 hour afternoon charter.
    [​IMG]
    Rob and Elizabeth Burnell with Scott and Kara Haley showing their mahi and ono catch.
    [​IMG]
    Joe Ferenceuch took time away from his honeymoon to go on an early morning charter with Mirella Gustavo. It appears newlywed luck was with them both as seen in their 22 and 48 pound ono catch.
    [​IMG]
    Weighing close to 50 pounds this angler had his hands full.
    [​IMG]
    Luke Czaplinskas ono was almost as tall as him.
    [​IMG]
    As is our policy at Start Me Up Sportfishing every angler is given the opportunity to keep his or her own catch and have enough filleted for a Maui meal.
    [​IMG]
    Proper care in packing and storing your fillets helps maintain their freshness.
    [​IMG]
    On this family charter Kevin Tanaka became the hero reeling in this 236 pound blue marlin.
    [​IMG]
    Not bad for an afternoon charter. Fish really cannot tell time.
    [​IMG]
    Jim, Rose and Michael Mack didn’t start the day intending to go fishing but with the encouragement of a veteran fisherman and their own good sense their afternoon was filled with 5 onos and 2 mahis.
    [​IMG]
    Mike Fuller with his 25 pound ono and the Gilliom kids, Madison and Ian with their mahi catch.
    [​IMG]
    Father and son fishing trips, isn’t that what it is all about? Taking time away from the rat race to really enjoy each other and life.
    [​IMG]
    Bruce Dady showing a catch of 4 ono from a 6 hour shared charter.
    [​IMG]
    Jim and Veronica Brown with 3 onos caught on an early morning charter.
    [​IMG]
    Jason Struthers, Ethan Detloff, Bob and Lily Judevine and Greg Cincinnati with 2 onos and a mahi caught on a successful shared charter.

Mahalo for sharing in our catch.

Burger

2. Double Z

Double Z Newbie

Name:
    Harry S. Stamper
    Boat:
    Nope
    OK, OK, I'm ready to come back. I need some time though, I'm still doing the laundry from our trip.

3. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Hope to see you back on island soon!Doug