July 16, 2009 Lahaina Harbor, Maui Hi.

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by Startmeup, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Now that the summer is here in full swing the Marlin and large Ahi’s have joined the party. Ono’s and Mahi-Mahi are always hanging on.
    [​IMG]
    Craig Lovelace with a 592.4 pound Blue Marlin caught with Capt Tim. on Start Me Up. The fish took a black and blue Jr. purple Softhead lure in 80 fathoms of water off of Uku Mehami. Great fish Craig!
    [​IMG]
    Art and Zach Holman with an Ono and a 30 pound Ahi Tuna out with Start Me Up Action.
    [​IMG]
    John and Mark Wilson on the early morning Action trip caught a nice pair of 30 and 35 pound Tuna’s.
    [​IMG]
    Robert Platt out fishing with Capt Randy on the Start Me Up Das It got the fish of his life with this 774 pound Blue Marlin. A short 6 hour fight was all it took for him to get it to the boat.
    [​IMG]
    Scott Farminer bullied the Mahi in for dinner. Guess you don’t say NO to Scott.
    [​IMG]
    D.W. Cluck from Oklahoma got this 28 pound Mahi out front of Lahaina town.
    [​IMG]
    Brain Glad was pretty glad to see this Ahi on the gaff by Capt Steve aboard the Action.
    [​IMG]
    Greg Lambert all bloodied up with this Big Tuna. Bloody decks indeed.
    [​IMG]
    A sack full of Tunas and a Bloody one on the decks. Way to hang Capt Steve.
    [​IMG]
    Art and Zach Holman hooked up with Steve. Got to love that shirt on the right.
    [​IMG]
    Todd Barton and his friend Dick hauling the Ahi at the buoys at first light. That’s why we got up so early?
    [​IMG]
    Jesus Garcia with fresh Mahi-Mahi at Sunrise. Hey, where are the rest of you guys??
    [​IMG]
    Trent Trudeau with a 35 pound Spearfish and he also tagged and released an estimated 250 pound Blue Marlin. Great fun in Maui on the Start Me Up Action.
    [​IMG]
    Dennis Grau and Kevin Conklin had the day of their lives with a pair of 119 and 100 pound Ahi’s fishing with Lahaina’s best two Captains Patrick and Steve.
    [​IMG]
    Capt.s Steve and Steve teamed up with Dustin Denard and Tommy Vannatta to get this 200 pound Ahi Tuna in the boat.
    [​IMG]
    Jeremy Evans caught this nice 26 pound Ono with Capt Cravens on the Start Me Up Cuz.
    [​IMG]
    Darren Brotherson had a fantastic day with Capt Patrick and Steve with this 394 pound Blue Marlin and also a 100 pound Ahi. What a Fishing trip.
    [​IMG]
    Mike Dressler tagged and released two Marlin on the Action 9 hour trip. Get to catch-em again.
    [​IMG]
    Alex and Alan Permut grabbed a couple of Ono’s in front of the Harbor out early with Capt Eric.
    [​IMG]
    Garret Albertson with an Ono almost as big as he is. See kids you can catch one too.
    [​IMG]
    Ming Gan got worn out tagging and releasing a 300 pound Blue Marlin. But he went home and rested for two days and went back out with us for Tuna fishing. Can’t get enough!!
    [​IMG]
    Hugh Hawthorne with a 71 and 100 pound Ahi Tuna. Early departure is the ticket.

Lahaina Harbor fishing in May and Early June. Mahalo for reading our post.

2. brumleym

brumleym Newbie

Name:
    Mike Brumley
    Boat:
    18'5" Livingston Sport Twin 60s
    Great Pics guys, keep em coming. Mike

3. BuonaForTuna

BuonaForTuna Newbie

Name:
    Jesse
    Boat:
    BuonaFortuna 26' Seaswirl Striper
    Very nice pictures makes me missing living in Oahu.

4. Sam Seafood

Sam Seafood Newbie

Name:
    Sam Seafood
    Boat:
    (1) Form fitted sanding block
    Looks like the catching is going on in Maui!Great pics.Keep the reports coming.Aloha

5. MAD2NA

MAD2NA Newbie

Name:
    Adam
    Boat:
    2007 22' triumph center console
    Fished on the "start me up 2" on july the 12th 6hr share great trip with capt steve and mate john . A couple of good dudes that put in the work .fish didnt cooperate but mother nature shined down on us with some real good weather . Guys Mahalo for the effort and go get em ..... you guys Rock !!! I hope to wet a line with you all soon if can . - Adam Q "MAD2NA "

6. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Thanks for going fishing with us!!Hope we have a day in the future to help catch a fish for you..See you on Maui

7. Stink Finger

Stink Finger Newbie

Name:
    Stink Finger
    Boat:
    8' dingy
    The Ahi run looks good.Also like the tag pictures.Thanks

8. Sam Seafood

Sam Seafood Newbie

Name:
    Sam Seafood
    Boat: