JRI CUSTOM LURES JUNE 7 DAYER INTRUDER GIVEAWAY!!!

Discussion in 'San Diego Long Range fishing Reports' started by poncherello, Apr 30, 2017.

1. COSDoug

COSDoug Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    Hobie Kayak
    A couple of years ago I flew to San Diego for a 6 day trip from my home in Colorado Springs. You out of town folks know the drill; plane reservations, lodging, buying shampoo in San Diego, etc. 11 months booked in advance. Anticipation runs rampant as you read Bloody Decks for the third time every day.
    About 15 miles south of South Coranado Island....oops, something on the boat goes ' South ' in a huge way. Time to turn around and head back. Huge disappointment, holy crap, I planned on this for a freaking year.
    The next day as I winged my way back to COS I had time to reflect on the situation. It occurred to me that the most bummed out person, including everyone, was the captain. No question. He felt he let all his passengers down when it had nothing to do with him, whatsoever. These offshore platforms are very complex and no matter how meticulous maintenance procedures are followed, stuff happens.
    The passion and drive that you see in our fabulous long range captains is something to behold. It's just not a job or being good at a trade. It goes beyond that. They take it personal, that's what it takes to be the best.
    Doug

tugasangler, rodblder, pooahl and 7 others like this.
  2. RockHopperNCKA

RockHopperNCKA Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Dustin
    Boat:
    Do kayaks count?

I call bullshit.

I'm still months away from my trip and I'm already checking BD for fish reports at least five times a day. ;)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    tugasangler, COSDoug and Olddog8 like this.
  3. Montaukmaniac

Montaukmaniac Thats my son, not me.

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    miss ion/fish on, "Wish on"
    Heart breaker! I hope next year is epic!