JRI CUSTOM LURES JUNE 7 DAYER INTRUDER GIVEAWAY!!!

poncherello

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 11, 2005
san Diego
Name
Jerry
Boat
none
Sorry to hear you guys had to return to the dock. Hope you can get out again; cancelled trips really hurt especially for those who book from out of town.
Unfortunately there was a steering issue from the bridge. An electrical issue most likely that couldn't be solved at sea. Hydros were working, but no signal from the bridge.

It was a bummer that we scratched the trip, but I'm glad we weren't that far from port. And as always, safety first. Overall, everyone on the trip were more than understanding. There were some veteran LR'ers on the trip and we all know things happen. There were some guys that were new to the Intrepid and they were cool about it. There was also an angler that was on the "trip from hell" a few weeks ago. He was cool about it too.

Refunds were offered or they could hop on another trip even if it was a 10 dayer. Kudos for the Intrepid Office for doing the right thing. We will do it again next year.

And yes, everyone still got the giveaways, jigs and Intruders!!

IMG_5621.JPG

jiggyn

Do you even fish?
Jan 26, 2008
Torrance
Name
Jerr
Boat
shit talking
I applaud you Jerry, bringing the goods and making light out of a dim moment

Sucks that happened to the boat but better that it did while in port than out there in the middle of the ocean

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Aw, shoots!

Let em eat 74

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 12, 2016
Anaheim Hills
Name
Kevin
Boat
Whichever1is leaving
I have to admit I was bummed to not get to fish with such a great group of guys but I have to emphasize how it was handled by all involved. These things happen and its nobody's fault. How it's dealt with is the only thing that can be controlled and that was done very well. I will definitely be signing up with Jerry again in the future.

COSDoug

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 23, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO.
Name
Doug
Boat
Hobie Kayak
A couple of years ago I flew to San Diego for a 6 day trip from my home in Colorado Springs. You out of town folks know the drill; plane reservations, lodging, buying shampoo in San Diego, etc. 11 months booked in advance. Anticipation runs rampant as you read Bloody Decks for the third time every day.
About 15 miles south of South Coranado Island....oops, something on the boat goes ' South ' in a huge way. Time to turn around and head back. Huge disappointment, holy crap, I planned on this for a freaking year.
The next day as I winged my way back to COS I had time to reflect on the situation. It occurred to me that the most bummed out person, including everyone, was the captain. No question. He felt he let all his passengers down when it had nothing to do with him, whatsoever. These offshore platforms are very complex and no matter how meticulous maintenance procedures are followed, stuff happens.
The passion and drive that you see in our fabulous long range captains is something to behold. It's just not a job or being good at a trade. It goes beyond that. They take it personal, that's what it takes to be the best.
Doug

RockHopperNCKA

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 25, 2017
Santa Rosa, CA
www.norcalkayakanglers.com
Name
Dustin
Boat
Do kayaks count?
A couple of years ago I flew to San Diego for a 6 day trip from my home in Colorado Springs. You out of town folks know the drill; plane reservations, lodging, buying shampoo in San Diego, etc. 11 months booked in advance. Anticipation runs rampant as you read Bloody Decks for the third time every day.
About 15 miles south of South Coranado Island....oops, something on the boat goes ' South ' in a huge way. Time to turn around and head back. Huge disappointment, holy crap, I planned on this for a freaking year.
The next day as I winged my way back to COS I had time to reflect on the situation. It occurred to me that the most bummed out person, including everyone, was the captain. No question. He felt he let all his passengers down when it had nothing to do with him, whatsoever. These offshore platforms are very complex and no matter how meticulous maintenance procedures are followed, stuff happens.
The passion and drive that you see in our fabulous long range captains is something to behold. It's just not a job or being good at a trade. It goes beyond that. They take it personal, that's what it takes to be the best.
Doug

I call bullshit.

I'm still months away from my trip and I'm already checking BD for fish reports at least five times a day. ;)

Last edited: