JRI CUSTOM LURES JUNE 7 DAYER INTRUDER GIVEAWAY!!!

poncherello

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 11, 2005
san Diego
Name
Jerry
Boat
none
IMG_5372.JPG

Hey everyone,
Looks like the season is shaping up really nice along some nice reports in the 5 dayer range. I have a few open spots on the JRI Custom Lures 7 dayer aboard the Intrepid. Departure date is Saturday, June 10 and come back Saturday, June 17. We added the extra day to head to the Ridge, fish offshore for BFT or wherever the fish are. All of the other JRI Custom Lures sponsored trips for 2017 are sold out.

I've received some emails from guys interested and on the fence because of scheduling. Well, I'm going to sweeten the deal a bit. Any angler who books the JRI Intrepid 7 dayer after today, will receive an Original Hooker Intruder Lure in size XL. These are the original bodies from 17+ years ago. Call Steve Hoffy at the Intrepid Office at 619-224-4088. Let him know of the JRI Intruder giveaway. He will send me a receipt and you will receive the Intruder on our departure.
IMG_3753.JPG

As usual, there will be mucho giveaways and jigs, jigs, jigs galore!!! If you love throwing the iron, then this trip is for you!! PM me if you have any questions. And no, these Intruders are NOT for sale (yet).
IMG_1117.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

Last edited:

RockHopperNCKA

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 25, 2017
Santa Rosa, CA
www.norcalkayakanglers.com
Name
Dustin
Boat
Do kayaks count?
Man, if I could swing the time off work I'd be all over this. This trip was actually in my top three, but I ultimately decided on a 10 day trip for the extra fishing days.

That's incredibly generous of you, Jerry.

Let em eat 74

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 12, 2016
Irvine
Name
Kevin
Boat
Whichever1is leaving
Will the extra day add to the current listed cost of trip?
Nevermind, I see it is listed at 7 days. Excuse the silly question.

Last edited:

poncherello

Jan 11, 2005
san Diego
Name
Jerry
Boat
none
Will the extra day add to the current listed cost of trip?
Nevermind, I see it is listed at 7 days. Excuse the silly question.[/QUOT

No silly question. This trip has been a 6 dayer since we started. This year we added the 7th day to get a little more fishing time. Naturally, the cost went up a bit, but still the cheapest 7 dayer in the Intrepid.

fishordie

Aug 31, 2005
Calabasas CA
Name
Jamie
Boat
2013 Ranger Z521 with 250 Merc.: Now deceased.. Thank goodness
Wow Jerry,

How cool is that offer...If I were not planning on being away fly fishing I would be all over this trip... I love the boat and love the idea of a JRI sponsored trip. I know you guys will have a great time.

Jamie

ripped

Dec 5, 2007
Santa Barbara
Name
Gary
Boat
Vagabond
You F'n SUCK LOL Great deal, wish I could be there! Oh yeah, I'll be in line to pay retail.

reel man

Common sense
Dec 31, 2004
Burbank, CA
Name
Jerry
Boat
Spirit of Adventure
View attachment 833756
Hey everyone,
Looks like the season is shaping up really nice along some nice reports in the 5 dayer range. I have a few open spots on the JRI Custom Lures 7 dayer aboard the Intrepid. Departure date is Saturday, June 10 and come back Saturday, June 17. We added the extra day to head to the Ridge, fish offshore for BFT or wherever the fish are. All of the other JRI Custom Lures sponsored trips for 2017 are sold out.

I've received some emails from guys interested and on the fence because of scheduling. Well, I'm going to sweeten the deal a bit. Any angler who books the JRI Intrepid 7 dayer after today, will receive an Original Hooker Intruder Lure in size XL. These are the original bodies from 17+ years ago. Call Steve Hoffy at the Intrepid Office at 619-224-4088. Let him know of the JRI Intruder giveaway. He will send me a receipt and you will receive the Intruder on our departure.
View attachment 833757
As usual, there will be mucho giveaways and jigs, jigs, jigs galore!!! If you love throwing the iron, then this trip is for you!! PM me if you have any questions. And no, these Intruders are NOT for sale (yet).
View attachment 833758

View attachment 833759
I'll be coming off a 5 day on June 18 then go out on a 6 day on June 19, so takes me out of the game, but would have jumped on a great boat.

Tom Honaker

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 27, 2015
Hotchkiss Colorado
Name
Tom Honaker
Boat
Royal Star
View attachment 833756
Hey everyone,

View attachment 833757
View attachment 833758

View attachment 833759
Hey Jerry, what size trolling harness do you recommend to make youre intruders swim the best? I tend to use lighter 175 pound harness for a better swiming action. Havent lost a yo-zuri yet! Most likely very lucky!

poncherello

Jan 11, 2005
san Diego
Name
Jerry
Boat
none
Hey Jerry, what size trolling harness do you recommend to make youre intruders swim the best? I tend to use lighter 175 pound harness for a better swiming action. Havent lost a yo-zuri yet! Most likely very lucky!
175 would be the lightest wire I would use. Most harnessed are 275-350.

However, most guys who troll an Intruder will fish heavy wire to no the risk losing it.

lkatdpelicanfly

Lizard Fish Slayer
Jun 23, 2009
sou cal
Name
Frank
Boat
Kayak
how much fishing time do you get realistically around the rocks/ridge on a 7-day trip.?..I've only been on 10 dayers to the rocks, but we always killed some time stopping at Cedros on the way down and/or back...which doesn't seem to be an option these days.

poncherello

Jan 11, 2005
san Diego
Name
Jerry
Boat
none
how much fishing time do you get realistically around the rocks/ridge on a 7-day trip.?..I've only been on 10 dayers to the rocks, but we always killed some time stopping at Cedros on the way down and/or back...which doesn't seem to be an option these days.

2 years ago we were on a 6 dayer. We made a beeline straight to the Ridge We cut through Cedros to take a look. It was a 2 day ride to the ridge. We were fishing by Grey light. We fished 2 days at the ridge and motored up to Cedros for a few hours of fishing. Then worked up to Canoa. The next day did a few drifts in San Martin then called it a trip and worked out way to SD. This year, it's a 7 dayer, so there is an extra solid day of fishing.

Reactions: tugasangler