Joining the 30' plus club (New NR 3100SXL build)

JayG

Sep 28, 2015
Mill Creek
Name
Jay
Boat
23' NR Seahawk "Chasing Dawn" SOLD
Congrats! There's some sharkhide for sale in the classifieds.
LOL..... I still have a unopened can from my 1st boat along with a stack of diapers to apply with. Hopefully I'll have little more patience with the new boat and not be in such a rush to get on the water.

Reactions: Barracuda1

Wild Bill

Drinking the Suzuki Kool-aid and liking it!
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
Nice one! I have always thought the 9’6” beam 29’-31’ North rivers were some of the best handling boats in their offshore line up.

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
Welcome to that club, but you are (or will be) a member of a much more exclusive club -- owners who have had boats (including semi-custom boats) built to their specs. The thought that goes into specing out a boat to perfectly dovetail to your needs is well-rewarded when you get the boat on the water and find that there is little you would do differently.

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
Fun, fun, fun! Looking forward to following along!

dragonballs

I'm off probation
Mar 28, 2008
Arlington WA
Name
Vance
Boat
40' ocean sport fisher
Congrats. Can’t wait to see pictures.

TonyG

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
NR Seahawk OS 26'; 20' Alumaweld Super Vee Sled
LOL..... I still have a unopened can from my 1st boat along with a stack of diapers to apply with. Hopefully I'll have little more patience with the new boat and not be in such a rush to get on the water.
Get it painted to the chine and bottom painted up to paint.

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
Think hard on the Pain-t. Think back to.the Bubbles under the Finish. Happens in a couple of seasons from new. A Bare Boat with just her bottom coated/pain-ted is just as good looking.

Hell get a Ford and strip her and get both polished and Sharked. Prettier than College Freshwoman with nice set of T&A!

Bait Tank? Transom kill box and spray bar in it to rinse the blood away? Tuna? Insulated fishbox? Windshield Fluid Wash System? Bow Truster? Aluminum screwdown hatches with O Rings? (Fraser Foundry makes 8" ones)
Nick Rudnick makes some killer knife and tool holders. Miller marine or Nick makes nice cleaning stations.

ELECTRONICS? transducers? AP?

Much more detail!

It will be a great Boat. Congratulations!

JayG

Sep 28, 2015
Mill Creek
Name
Jay
Boat
Get it painted to the chine and bottom painted up to paint.
Thats the plan at this po
Think hard on the Pain-t. Think back to.the Bubbles under the Finish. Happens in a couple of seasons from new. A Bare Boat with just her bottom coated/pain-ted is just as good looking.

Hell get a Ford and strip her and get both polished and Sharked. Prettier than College Freshwoman with nice set of T&A!

Bait Tank? Transom kill box and spray bar in it to rinse the blood away? Tuna? Insulated fishbox? Windshield Fluid Wash System? Bow Truster? Aluminum screwdown hatches with O Rings? (Fraser Foundry makes 8" ones)
Nick Rudnick makes some killer knife and tool holders. Miller marine or Nick makes nice cleaning stations.

ELECTRONICS? transducers? AP?

Much more detail!

It will be a great Boat. Congratulations!
I completely respect your thoughts on paint, I agree it's a pain to keep it looking good. However colors have already been chosen. My other half was not to keen on a bare boat and I presented the idea to her many many times. Gotta keep her happy as she spends almost as much time on the water as I do.
50 gallon Defiance bait tank deck mounted.
Yes on the wiper fluid system along with intermittent switch mounted near throttles.
No bow thruster, joystick controls though.
Pick points in the floor and on the roof.
Three Rivers cleaning station. Had one on my last boat and was very happy with it.
I had thought about the bleed box but the cost seemed a little high, I may circle back around on that before its all said and done.
Hadn't thought about insulated boxes. Thanks for the heads up on that, I'll inquire about it today.
Full Raymarine package: Axiom pro 16 and 12 at the helm with a 12 at the rear. Open array radar, FLIR, Augmented cameras, VHF with AIS, remote mic for rear station, AP, SS through hull transducers 175HW and 175M, Rockford stereo, and a few other misc items.

Did I miss anything ? I'm open to ideas.

JayG

Sep 28, 2015
Mill Creek
Name
Jay
Boat
don't forget the wiper tanks and 200 rod holders, right? :)
Wiper tanks- check
Rod holders- so far only 30 rocket launchers and 6 flush mounts. Not including the numerous Burenwiin mounts.
Also have reinforced backing plates for future outriggers if so desired.

TonyG

Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
I'm going to need pictures to be able to agree with that statement. The pictures in my head strongly favor the coed mentioned.

JayG

Sep 28, 2015
Mill Creek
Name
Jay
Boat
Jay- congratulations on the new boat!! I’ve seen you out in your old boat quite a few times. Excited to see your build, I sold my 26 north river A few months back and getting closer to pulling the trigger on either a 29 or 31 NR walk around.
Appreciate that.
Remember bigger is better.....it’s only money. That’s what Joe from NR kept telling me every time I asked if I could do this or that.
Look forward to seeing what you decide.

JTC

Too Sirius
Aug 13, 2012
Redmond Wa
Name
Jeff
Boat
24' North River O/S. SIRIUS FISHIN
maybe skip paint and go with a wrap, then you have the color and wont worry about it. I had a weldcraft and painted surfaces were an issue
I know my paint won't last forever but.. my 2014 North River’s paint has no bubbles yet, does have wear from fenders as I leave it moored most of the summer.
I like the wrap idea

TonyG

Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
I know my paint won't last forever but.. my 2014 North River’s paint has no bubbles yet, does have wear from fenders as I leave it moored most of the summer.
I like the wrap idea
mine's minty too and looks like when i got it new - but she's a trailer queen that lives in a garage. only moored up a total of a couple weeks a year.

Oh, and @JayG :finger:

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
Mar 4, 2009
Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
Name
Kim
Boat
26' Duckworth..."Mayhem"
Wow it sounds like a great build. Wow on the electronics package!!!

Couple things:
—One of the reasons I went with the Duckworth was the insulated hold. I had to pull the deck to swap out a kicker shift cable which will bring me to the next subject. Anyway with the deck up I could see the foam sheeting used for insulation. Kinda of thin. Provides some insulation but it could be better so that would be a good talking point when discussing it or go with the custom kill bag to fit the boxes instead.
—I bought the boat off the lot so I’m not sure if Three Rivers rigged it or not. They did install the electronics. The kicker cables were impossible to pull and run new as they were taped and wire tied to some of the other wires thus I had to pull the deck. I’d make sure you don’t have to go through that sort of pain just to swap out a cable. Or will your kicker be wire instead of cable?
Also I want to run a power cable straight to the battery from my DSM unit to see if I can eliminate some sounder noise when running. They foamed the wire chases with makes it close to impossible without a bunch of chipping to pull a new wire. I’d also see if you could get clean wire chases and have them run a couple of twine pulls just in case you want to do something down the road.

It‘s exciting and mind consuming.

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
Nice, details???
you like how he dropped that bomb with no details?..... told us all about his boat and then for the truck slipped in he got one coming..... he’s building excitement! 😂