Johnny Jigs and Slow pitch Questions

MrFish49

May 28, 2019
Duluth
Name
Eugene Lee
Boat
none
Has anyone used johnny jigs here? Found their youtube channel and their stuff looks nice. Also one other question about jigs, does anyone know if all the NLO jigs are slow pitch jigs?

benwah22

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 16, 2016
South Florida
Name
Benny Ortiz
Boat
Whatever one I'm on.
I haven't used Johnny Jigs, but I know the owners of the company, and they're very good people. They have a real passion for slow pitch, and I think are doing the right thing in terms of building their brand and their business. Really good people.

As for NLO, I use them a lot. Best finish for a jig in the business (you can literally hit it with a hammer and it won't come off), and they have three shapes that will have just about all bases covered. Angle for everyday conditions, Fast Drop for deep and in high current, and the Scoop for lower current situation. Cigar Minnow and Vermillion are my go-to colors. Biggest snowy grouper, locally caught red grouper and African Pompano that I've caught came on a NLO jig.

Reactions: Cubeye and J blair

J blair

Jul 6, 2019
Usa
Name
J blair
Boat
Charter
I've used the torpedo and flattie and caught fish. The price is reasonable and shipping was fast. K

May 22, 2017
Wilson NC
Name
Bryan
Boat
None
I too fish the NLO jigs and they are indeed slow pitch jigs. I fished with the NLO guys on our pulley ridge trip last week. They are awesome guys and honestly made that trip one of the best trips I have been on in a long while. Their prices are pretty good as well, considering how durable their jigs are. I am going to cull my jigs down to just NLO and Seafloor control. I have no experience with the Johnny jig guys or their products, so I can not comment on the guys themselves or their products.

Reactions: Cubeye