triton91

Almost A Member
Jul 11, 2006
Kaaawa
Name
John
Boat
23' Outrage
9/18/14 Well We are done restoring the Cabo Cuddycon 226, and the shake down cruises are done for a few fish, stressing about things breaking. Today was the first killing day. Moose, Woody, Squishy and Pops went to kill for the first time. We went out of Oside 9 miles on 250 heading and found a patty. Stopped, dropped bait and caught 30 yellowfin, 6 dorado's and Moose caught many skippies, knicknamed capt. skippie. Dude Tuna everywhere and he hooked skippies, must be the flouro!!

Everyone on the paddy was cool and the Sea Trek pulled up and threw bait and went WFO and they never had to come up to the paddy again as it was crazy for them. We stopped fishing at 1015. When a strip bait went off in the rod holder and no one wanted to grab it.

I filleted for over 3 hours on the way home. many beers went down. We passed a tank of mackerel to 2 guys in a 14 foot tiny. Told them to strip the macks for the big dodo's. We saw the guys from the tiny at the ramp and was glad to see them as there rig was a bit sketchy for the day.

It was awesome to get my Pops out on some fish as he has not in too many years and has killed more albies, tuna, yellows, dodo's, than most of us have seen.

The Johhny B. Good is a great killing machine. I will post soon the restore in check out my boat. But it is an insane boat. I'm having beer and having issues with the photos!! I added a photo of some of the catch, if you notice in the back ground you can see the 2 guys in there 14 foot tin boat!

Sorry! Ill try to post.

John aka squishy on "Johnny B. Good"

View attachment 544782

IMG952231.jpg

Attachments

• fish.zip
    914.9 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Upvote 0

triton91

Almost A Member
Jul 11, 2006
Kaaawa
Name
John
Boat
23' Outrage
Yes upside down day! We were on a 245 heading out of Oside towards the 209. My photos suck. I was playing captain, baitboy, hooksetter, gaffer, cleaner, and coach. Moose might add some photos, finishright on BD. As he is my bro and was with me. Yes, it was awesome to get my Pops on the fish, it has been way too long!!! Go get em they are damn close to Oside. Water is 71 at harbor, run out till you find the 74 degree water find something floating and hang on!!

Dorado loved the chunk bait as well as the JP Tuna. Dorado on the popper too very cool to see explode on them.

Every boat that came in on the paddy was awesome and never killed the bite. Great Job Everyone. The Sea Trek did the same. I think they were killing it!!!!!!!

Squishy, aka Johnny B. Good!!!

Upvote 0

robaire

Angler
Jul 22, 2013
Menifee, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
n/a
Yes upside down day! We were on a 245 heading out of Oside towards the 209. My photos suck. I was playing captain, baitboy, hooksetter, gaffer, cleaner, and coach. Moose might add some photos, finishright on BD. As he is my bro and was with me. Yes, it was awesome to get my Pops on the fish, it has been way too long!!! Go get em they are damn close to Oside. Water is 71 at harbor, run out till you find the 74 degree water find something floating and hang on!!

Dorado loved the chunk bait as well as the JP Tuna. Dorado on the popper too very cool to see explode on them.

Every boat that came in on the paddy was awesome and never killed the bite. Great Job Everyone. The Sea Trek did the same. I think they were killing it!!!!!!!

Squishy, aka Johnny B. Good!!!

Nice Johnny,
Good to see the Family Affair kicking ass out there.
I completely forgot to write up that Clyde had hooked up to a Dodo as well on the popper, in my report...:)
Thanks for sharing,
Robert
<><

Upvote 0

stuman

Brawndo the thirst mutilator
Sep 18, 2004
Oside
Name
stu
Boat
skiff
The Dana Pride arrived later. Looked like they were doing well.

Upvote 0

sdfishkiller

Cod Smuggler
Mar 13, 2005
Point Loma
Name
Todd Victor Mora
Boat
19' Whaler: EL SUPER LIZARDFISH
Good Times,

thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

steelhead88

Marriage is not a word; it is a sentence!
Aug 18, 2008
Ventura
Name
Scott
Boat
GRAYLIGHT- Custom 23' Aluminum Pilothouse
Quick run, plugged the boat, plenty of cold ones....that sounds like a perfect day to me!

Upvote 0

Foss

Senior Fossil
Dec 16, 2003
Bay Park
www.jackinnis.com
Name
Jack
Boat
Not My Ride
Great report. No problem with the pix, I just assumed it was a rough day at sea.

Upvote 0