DennisV

Jan 4, 2017
Paloma, CA
Name
Dennis Vagt
Boat
Just a NuCanoe Frontier now.
Ll
Where dose the Banana Legend originate from?
Ancient Hawaiian Kapu ( taboo ) Not kidding.

You could be killed for this. I admire that. People get all jiggy if you do that now. They weren't messing around back then.

And you never pissed in the water when the trolling lures were out. Bring em in. Everybody pisses. Send em back out. Proper respect to the fish gods.

A lure that actually caught fish was a prized possession and very hard to come by. It was given a name and considered to have spiritual properties. Big tragedy and very bad luck if it was lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Larry S
Upvote 0

Larry S

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    Ll

Ancient Hawaiian Kapu ( taboo ) Not kidding.

You could be killed for this. I admire that. People get all jiggy if you do that now. They weren't messing around back then.

And you never pissed in the water when the trolling lures were out. Bring em in. Everybody pisses. Send em back out. Proper respect to the fish gods.

A lure that actually caught fish was a prized possession and very hard to come by. It was given a name and considered to have spiritual properties. Big tradjedy and very bad luck if it was lost.
    Nice!

Upvote 0

Larry S

• Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    I think Lightning ruins a day for me, me and a buddy were 33 miles out a Cordel Banks, and the chance of showers forcast (no forcast for thunderstorms) turned into sporatic Lightning. Every branch seem like it was coming at us, all the way back, Ya ya, lightning is a Jinx!

Upvote 0

Larry S

• Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    Capt. Bouncer Smith, of Miami Beach, Florida, is famous for his well-earned fear of bananas aboard Bouncer’s Dusky. In fact, Smith’s disdain extends to banana bread, banana chips and even clothing named after or depicting anything remotely banana-related.

“I can’t tell you how many pairs of Fruit of the Loom underwear we have pulled out, wedgie-ing people and cutting off the labels,” says Smith, who says he had a hand in getting the company to change that iconic brand. He was fishing with a regular customer who brought his friend Jack along for the day. Anchored in 90 feet with two baits on top and two on the bottom, they did not get a bite all morning. Meanwhile, Smith’s buddy, Capt. Dennis Forgione, dropped anchor 25 yards away and immediately caught a sailfish

🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌

Upvote 0