PENN

twilliams285

Jun 13, 2020
San Francisco
Name
Thomas Williams
Boat
Vagabond
I have a variety of jigs including blue and chrome Toro Tamer Slash 400 g, a couple of 300g williamson rotating flutter jigs silver/pale green 300g, Shimano butterfly jig blu/orange 200g, and some smaller mega jigs blue and silver. Anyone used these with any success early on here in 2020. Will be fishing the Vagabond July 8 4 day. Thanks a bunch!

Upvote 0

tom cindric

Tom-broke-off
Jun 17, 2015
Lake elsinore
Name
all she's got
Boat
22 key largo / 2670 Glacier Bay
Out of all of those I would pick the one you have the most confidence in and fish it hard, fish every cast like it was last cast and you will probably catch something. All of those will work just fine in different situations.

Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    whichever has the longest bunk
    On a 4-day you will have many, many hours at the rail. Have one rig ready to go for fishing a sardine, either flyline if they are crashing the chum or a rubber-band torpedo ready to add to get down deep. And have another rig ready with a lure. Change it up, try different things. If everyone else is fishing a bait, think about how you can give the fish a choice, and do it.

You will have a great time! I'm looking forward to reading your trip report.

Upvote 0

Brad I

Common Sense Isn't Common Enough
    Jun 20, 2015
    San Fernando Valley
    Name
    Brad I
    Boat
    Nope
    I don't know any of those jigs, but do know that I never leave home without a blue and chrome Tady 9. My favorite way to fish it is to cast and let sink to 45 degree angle and retireve, but also good for yoyo in light current or shallower water, even can work as a surface iron. Purple or green and chrome are also good.

The Vagabond is a quality boat and Mike Lackey is considered a bluefin whisperer.

Reactions: terryc.
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    My favs....Blue and White, Blue and Chrome, Mint Green/Silver,
    Scrambled Egg=Yellow/White/Silver streaks. GL on the Vag.

Upvote 0

Tedward2020

Autistic fisherman
    Apr 5, 2020
    Greensboro North Carolina
    Name
    Ted Allegranza
    Boat
    None
    30 of them between 60 and 100g grams and still need to add heavier ones..

99BF1684-0D46-43A5-9453-260253D1F85A.jpeg

image.jpg

Upvote 0

BrokenBackRebel

GringoJustin
    Nov 26, 2005
    Somewhere between San Diego and Yelapa
    Name
    Justin Ryan
    Boat
    Mi Sueño/Aztec/Apollo
    I’ve been a REALLY big fan of the Daiwa SK jigs the past couple of years. Hooked and landed many a big bluefin, yellowfin, yellowtail, pargo, snapper... probably pulled more flatfalls out of fishes mouths the past few years than anything else but if that’s what most people are fishing that’s what most people hook up with.

Upvote 0

talltales

Oct 22, 2004
    Ridgecrest Ca
    Name
    ron
    Boat
    2359 Trophy
    For the bluefin, my best jig has been the flat fall. For yellowtail, my go-to jig is a blue/white salas 6x & 6xjr. On the same trip. hope it's a good one.

Upvote 0