Jig Bucket Hanger

SilverKing97

Aug 1, 2016
Palos Verdes, California
Name
Jon
Boat
None
I am looking for one as well. I saw online that a company called Stellar Quality Products was making them out of Costa Mesa. I tried the phone number and it did not work. Looks like it was called the KP Original Jig Rig...anyone know where you can get one? I realize you can make something similar, but this product seems to check all the boxes

Upvote 0

reel man

Common sense
Dec 31, 2004
Burbank, CA
Name
Jerry
Boat
Spirit of Adventure
I am looking for one as well. I saw online that a company called Stellar Quality Products was making them out of Costa Mesa. I tried the phone number and it did not work. Looks like it was called the KP Original Jig Rig...anyone know where you can get one? I realize you can make something similar, but this product seems to check all the boxes
Buy a five gallon bucket with a ring around the perimeter and cut the ring off to install in the inside of the bucket.. Drill a few holes and install cable ties to support the ring. Walla, hangs your jigs.

If you're really smart take a piece of plywood and bolt it on the bottom of the bucket, and glue some indoor/outdoor carpet on the bottom.

And, put a smaller bucket in the middle with some lead weights to keep your bucket from falling over.

Upvote 0

Cubeye

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
Buy a five gallon bucket with a ring around the perimeter and cut the ring off to install in the inside of the bucket.. Drill a few holes and install cable ties to support the ring. Walla, hangs your jigs.

If you're really smart take a piece of plywood and bolt it on the bottom of the bucket, and glue some indoor/outdoor carpet on the bottom.

And, put a smaller bucket in the middle with some lead weights to keep your bucket from falling over.
Actually a 3 gallon bucket works better. Insert it into a small "milk crate". They are about 13" x 13" square, and install some 1 1/2" pvc tubes in each corner for rod holders. Put some lead in the bottom, a lid on top and now you have a "tackle box" that you can sit on. The smaller bucket with lead, and the plywood/carpet is a good idea.

If you work with wood at all, you can make an insert to hold the jigs. I have seen plastic inserts for the buckets. Really nice and durable.

Reactions: Wildman
Upvote 0

tuner

pysgotwyr
  • May 24, 2006
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    260 Mackinaw
    The 3.5 or 5 gallon buckets can be purchased with lids. Cut out the center of the lid with a hot knife and drill holes around the circumference of the hole. This is also a great place to rinse the jigs with fresh water and spritz with some wd40, the jigs and hooks will last for years this way.

Get a bucket base to keep it from sliding on the deck.

Upvote 0

Johnlgarrison

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Jul 27, 2009
    Temecula CA USA!
    www.inkspotsgreatdanes.com
    Name
    Johnny Garrison
    Boat
    Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
    I have found the best place to get 3 and 5 gallon buckets is a your local doughnut shop. The one near my house sells clean buckets for $1.00 each. They usually have lids.

Upvote 0

Brad I

Common Sense Isn't Common Enough
    Jun 20, 2015
    San Fernando Valley
    Name
    Brad I
    Boat
    Nope
    ALL SOLD.

I've got a large/two tier/5 gallon one and a smaller/single tier/3 gallon one. I've also got a shelf that fits over the jig holders for additional storage. If someone wants the large one, its $20 and the small one is $12, the insert is $10 (I don't have buckets, this is just for the inserts). I bought 'em and used the big one just once. I'm in the west San Fernando Valley and can meet locally.

IMG_5201.JPG
    IMG_5203.JPG
    IMG_5204.JPG

Last edited:
    Reactions: elreytut
    Upvote 0