Jessica Sportfishing 09/25 & 09/26

Jreaping

Apr 8, 2019
California
Name
Josh Anderson
Boat
Native Watercraft Titan
A little late on the report but here we go. We had two great days of fishing with Jaime on Jessica Sportfishing. Both days we targeted Mahi-mahi since the tuna are not anywhere to be found. The first day was a little slow compared to how the bite has been in previous days but the second day the bite turned back on. On day 2 we were able to catch 24 total with sizes ranging from 5lbs-18lbs. Both days we trolled artificials for the early morning bite, but the second day we switched to slow trolling caballitos and chumming sardines around 10:30a. We moved further offshore to avoid the smaller dorado as well. Switching to live bait early was a good move because we went through several nice schools and we were able to get several triple and quadruple hook ups. On top of that, I was able to really break in my Penn Slammer 6500 on some quality sized mahi-mahi. Overall, it was a great time and we were able to take some nice mahi-mahi in to get processed for some quality fillets. I always enjoy watching Jaime work. He is very good at what he does. His multi-tasking is very impressive. I’m already looking forward to the next trip we can take with him.

IMG_2990.JPG

IMG_2996.JPG

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 5.09.01 PM.png

Latest posts