Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
I had my 2nd ankle surgery November 20th: Calcaneous Osteotomy and 1st Metatarsal Osteotomy, plus arthroscopy to address two large bone spurs and debride a lesion in the cartilage. They majorly disrupted a nerve while doing the Calcaneous (heel) Osteotomy which left the bottom of my heel completely numb and the back of the heel feeling like a giant hiking blister on it. I’m 6 weeks out and this is going to be a long and painful recovery. But you’re right, it’s nothing compared to what Jason is facing.
Your excuse is that you are old though. :D

Baby J

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 28, 2017
Puyallup
Name
Jeremy
Boat
23' Walkaround
Ok guys let’s get this done. Most of you have no idea how bad it is to be in Jason’s situation. We got to get this brother back to living a good life. Jason is sick but there is a cure and someone could save him. Who here wouldn’t pull someone out of a burning car or something similar? Only difference here is you have more time to think about it before saving a life. I know we got some financial heavy hitters on here so let’s get some motivating rewards going to anyone willing to donate. I’ll start by offering an all expense paid halibut fishing/ shrimping trip on the Strait of Juan DeFuca to the donor.

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
Blood clot on Friday due to a narrowing in my Dialysis Fistuala (big vein). Dissolved blood clot in surgery and ballooned 4 spots. No stent this time. That shit hurt! No anesthesia because I had eaten.
No ones made it successfully through donor testing yet.

BluefinCurly

Skipper
Aug 15, 2004
Norwalk
Name
Carl
Boat
Vagabond, The Last Minute
Keep the faith Jason.
A business associate waited 5 years for a donor, had a successful transplant, and then was diagnosed with cancer. A year later he is in full remission and back out on the golf course doing what he loves.
Good shit can happen brother.

Baby J

Jul 28, 2017
Puyallup
Name
Jeremy
Boat
23' Walkaround
Damn bro you are breaking my heart as I know exactly how you feel. All I can say is hang in there. I wish there was something I could do but obviously I cannot. I hope the right person steps up for you. No friends or family have tried? This has gone on too long.

Reactions: Ready4TheYellow

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
Apr 27, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
won't b mine
Been following for a while. Keep the faith! That needle looks no Bueno, sorry for that. Positivity sent your way.

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Blood clot on Friday due to a narrowing in my Dialysis Fistuala (big vein). Dissolved blood clot in surgery and ballooned 4 spots. No stent this time. That shit hurt! No anesthesia because I had eaten.
No ones made it successfully through donor testing yet.
Keep the faith Jason. Thanks for the update, you're still in my thoughts.

stangclassic66

USCG Master
Oct 21, 2004
San Diego/SF Bay
Name
Capt. Erik
Boat
25’ Parker
Merry Christmas Jason. Praying you get that donor bud

Reactions: downtime

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Scared me. Get strong Dude!

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
yep, got me too....dammit.

You are way tougher than me Jas, I would have punched out already. Hang in there buddy......you've made it this far, you got this.

Praying for a donor......

Reactions: downtime

dragonballs

I'm off probation
Mar 28, 2008
Arlington WA
Name
Vance
Boat
40' ocean sport fisher
Scared the shit out of me. Always thinking about you man. I wish I could say something that would make you smile.:finger:

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
You made it to 2020....

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
OK here's the update. Dec 11th I went into the ER barely alive. I had burst a cyst in my kidney and was going anemic with a bacterial infection. I spent 14 days in the ICU and was released on Christmas evening.
They couldn't get the bleeding under control in my left kidney so they were going to remove it. While waiting for a surgeon over the holiday weekend my kidney stopped bleeding. I spent a lot of time on pain killers as it was one of the most painful things I have been through yet. They salvaged the kidney. Now I'm back to dialysis 3x a week and still recovering with lots of pain.
Still no energy and hemoglobin is low. Haven't left my bed since getting out.
7EA58777-860C-4F0E-B504-266A51789092_1_105_c.jpeg
D83AC996-8A69-415C-8861-F60B7F7B0163_1_105_c.jpeg
94FFB64B-89A7-42F6-8303-7694AF3AE34A_1_105_c.jpeg

Attachments

Reactions: One_Leg

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
I drank some Cherry Coke one time in Big Bear. While descending the mountain while riding in the 5th wheel trailer I started feeling a bit queezy.

Eventually I couldn't take the back and forth from all the turns and I hit the crapper to evacuate my stomach.

When I started to puke I thought I was bleeding to death internally because the bowl looked just like the one in your photo. Pink frothy sputum is alarming!!!

After 30 seconds I remembered the Cherry Coke and had a good laugh at my foolishness.

Positive vibes sent your way.
I do this all the time.

Happy New Year!

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
that pic of the toilet makes MY peepee hurt! Damn!

Reactions: mrkrabs and One_Leg

sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
Sending you healing energy! I know how you feel buddy! Hang in there help is on the way! My dad’s going three times a week to dialysis so I know what you’re going through! Keep the faith! Sending prayers to you and your family!