MORGS

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 5, 2003
Montrose
Name
Morgan
Boat
Boatless
That's DOPE! Hope to share the rail with you another time when you get better!

marlyn

Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
keepin you in our prayers brother!

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
Best to you!

Ducker!

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
You have been in my prayers and on my mind.
Lots of people love you and really care.
Then there's the rest of us!
Hope and faith.

Reactions: marlyn and Jason

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
GFR 9, dialysis 4 hours a day, every other day. Getting fatter from sitting and sleeping all day. Dialysis kicks my ass and wastes the whole day. No I don’t feel better and wonder if being on dialysis was the best call.
Finding out the bad side of dialysis, infiltration. Where they stick the needle in to the muscle, not the vein and pump the blood back in to the bicep.
No word from transplant. Still going through the list finding a match.
2DF55506-E2D0-422F-A570-0F1272024D14.jpeg
FB4BD85A-6FC8-4BE8-A45F-F7E0F5BE3060.jpeg
D7242954-8597-4262-988F-4196C5BF9A4B.jpeg
4A4CD78A-C607-42F7-9926-FA051F9CBFF3.jpeg

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
I'd hit it

Reactions: mrkrabs

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
I thought they had found you a donor?

Praying for you. Dialysis is not fun.

rdrrm8e

Fucking Stan
Nov 19, 2003
Anaheim
bdoutdoors.com
Name
chuck
Boat
No
Jason

You know I care. I tried but just didn't match. I had my 4th ankle surgery December 20th and I can say I am out of pain for the first time in 4 years. I pray that you have the same epiphany very soon. You are in my thoughts every day. My issues seem so trivial compared to what you and your family are going through. Hang in there brother. You are loved.

Reactions: ?? fisherman

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
Jason

You know I care. I tried but just didn't match. I had my 4th ankle surgery December 20th and I can say I am out of pain for the first time in 4 years. I pray that you have the same epiphany very soon. You are in my thoughts every day. My issues seem so trivial compared to what you and your family are going through. Hang in there brother. You are loved.
At least you are still kicking! Kinda. :)

Baby J

Jul 28, 2017
Puyallup
Name
Jeremy
Boat
23' Walkaround
Hang in there bro. I’m sure you are at least feeling a little better on dialysis as I did when I first started. My brain really woke up from being in zombie land for over a year about three weeks after I started. You made the right choice getting your fistula in your bicep area. I’m constantly in fear of cutting mine in my forearm. Dialysis definitely sucks but you get used to the pain and as your fistula swells up with time the you won’t have painful infiltration and bruising as often if ever. I know it can be really depressing being at dialysis around so many terminally ill folks. I used to feel thankful that all I had was kidney disease after hearing their about their situations. Keep hanging on and stay positive. It will work out in the end.

Reactions: Jason and Blackfish

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Jason

I had my 2nd ankle surgery November 20th: Calcaneous Osteotomy and 1st Metatarsal Osteotomy, plus arthroscopy to address two large bone spurs and debride a lesion in the cartilage. They majorly disrupted a nerve while doing the Calcaneous (heel) Osteotomy which left the bottom of my heel completely numb and the back of the heel feeling like a giant hiking blister on it. I’m 6 weeks out and this is going to be a long and painful recovery. But you’re right, it’s nothing compared to what Jason is facing.

Last edited:

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
GFR 9, dialysis 4 hours a day, every other day. Getting fatter from sitting and sleeping all day. Dialysis kicks my ass and wastes the whole day. No I don’t feel better and wonder if being on dialysis was the best call.

Your a tough SOB.
Prayers sent.

Baby J

Jul 28, 2017
Puyallup
Name
Jeremy
Boat
23' Walkaround
For anyone thinking about helping someone out and donating a kidney: My sister donated a kidney to me and she said it was a wonderful experience. The surgery pain is well controlled with pain killers and only lasts a few days. Because you can take two months off work fully paid in most cases, my sister says she wishes she could do it every year. Doing something this generous and selfless for someone is something that makes you feel good for years. People also show a great deal of respect for what you’ve done. My sister also gets a very nice gift every January 16th for the anniversary. It’s just like having two birthdays. So if you’re on the fence, just put yourself in the position of the person you are saving and think about how much different your life would be if this happened to you. Having watched my sister go through the process, I wouldn’t hesitate to do it. I know firsthand how it feels to get a second chance at life and receive such a blessing. There’s nothing that can compare. I pray for Jason and hope someone will help him.