FishinArmo

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 5, 2006
Northridge CA
Name
Avo Oughourlian
Boat
DOS XX
Jason we are praying for you bud hang in there and I’m sure this great community will come together for you.
Guys I had donated my kidney to my dad 4.5 years ago if any of you have questions about the process feel free to reach out.

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
I am blown away by the response. The amount of support you guys/gals have given I have no words for. The transplant team is overwhelmed with the applicant response and has started a waiting list as they filter through the applicants they already received. This doesn’t mean stop calling!
Thank you all for the support, I have no words for the feelings I am going through from this response. I feel like I hit the lottery. Cheers, tears and energy. I would fist pump but would end up tearing my Fistula open. My son Henry is doing the floss? For me instead.

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Prayers sent Brother. Sad to read this but glad you put it out. To many bad thing in my body as a youth that I'm paying for today. They wont take my blood or body parts when I'm gone.
Keep up the fight, Lots of people praying for you and your Family.

ledbed6b

Jun 21, 2010
Shoreline WA
Name
Eli
Boat
Parker 2320
Where to start with this one…. First off so sorry to hear about this, kidneys can be total assholes sometimes.

In mid 2015 my younger brother, who was only 26 years old at the time had sudden acute renal failure. Basically he went from normal kidney function to zero kidney function over a couple of months. He came real close to kicking the bucket before getting on dialysis. His prospects were poor unless he could get a kidney quick.

Well to make a long story short I was able to donate a kidney to him in early 2016. I went through every step of the process and I can answer any question anyone may have about becoming a living donor. It’s one of the most rewarding things I have done in my life.

So I can’t help with donation but I can do my best to provide support and answer any questions for anyone even considering looking into donating.

PM me if you want to talk

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
A+ as well, but called anyway. My best friend lost both his kidneys at a very early age. Luckily his Mom was a match, he's still wreaking havoc and enjoying life.

First and foremost, NEVER, lose hope. This is just another challenge in life you WILL overcome. The brain and attitude are a very powerful weapons you can choose to unleash on this event. Sounds like you've got that down...don't give up the fight..prayers sent.....

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
Fuck! Sometimes I hate the damn internet, but then so glad to have the BD brotherhood always readily available to help each other. The good news is that any kidney you can get from one of us on here will be stronger than Babe the blue ox!

jigmonster

Advertiser
Advertiser
Jun 11, 2006
Long Beach,Ca
Name
Ryan
Boat
50' Gail Force - 60' Triton
I will never forget the help you gave me when I bought my first boat, you are the man! I greatly appreciate you! I Couldn’t imagine going through what you are with a couple young kids and loving wife. I have shared this and will do what I can.
Best of luck and thanks again!

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Holy shit man!! I haven't been on here much lately (been busy with stuff), and was just informed of this post late last night.

Damn you Jason! I seriously have tears running down my face right now!!!

You told me a bit about this many months ago, and ever since I think about it OFTEN, but I was always a little reluctant to bring it up and ask about it, as I thought you would probably rather not talk about, so I held off..... plus it seemed from the outside that you were possibly doing ok..... so I sorta figured maybe things took a turn for the better. You faked it good brother!

I'm so confused after reading this...... I wanna help so fucking bad.... I want come up with a plan, make this all go away for you and everything better, and yet I feel so fricken lost and helpless right now. :( :(

It's time for some serious BD brainstorming right now...... somehow some way this lame deal is going to work out...... it's gonna..... it HAS to!! You're sticking around Jason...... you aren't going nowhere brother.... we're not having it!!!!

Ugggh..... C'mon y'all..... one of us has to be the right match here...... let's get this search rolling and get Jason and his family the help both he and his wife and kids need!!

You hang in there Jason.... and you make sure and keep that silly funny sense of humor in place, because that is priceless and what makes you who you are!! This BD community will somehow, someway come up with an answer to this..... I believe that!!!

Lots of love, good vibes and well wishes coming your way...... stay tough dude...... we are all with ya!!

I'm not sure what, but If there is anything I can do to help, and I am able, you let me know! ;)

The unknown fisherman:p:

Last edited:

JoshInSD

Dec 22, 2015
San Diego
Name
Josh
Boat
Mackerel Magnet (Sailfish 21' CC)
@Jason for the Chinese spammers that are signing up individually to BD, add a new mandatory field to the sign-up page, “blood type.” Maybe all that spam has been a blessing in disguise.

Reactions: Jason

FishinArmo

Apr 5, 2006
Northridge CA
Name
Avo Oughourlian
Boat
DOS XX
guys for all of you that would like to actually donate but are not the right blood type im sure that would be very valuable information to jason with the exchange program they can find a match for your kidney for someone else and get one exchange for one that will work for jason, So if you are willing to donate but dont have the correct blood type you can still HELP. here is a link to a youtube clip that will explain. My family and i have been through this if anyone has questions about the process i will explain to the best of my ability

Baby J

Jul 28, 2017
Puyallup
Name
Jeremy
Boat
23' Walkaround
Jason, I went through this exact same thing for three years and got a kidney from my sister last year. I can give some good first hand advice. You will feel much better on dialysis so definitely look forward to starting it. Hopefully your fistula is looking good. Took two surgeries to get mine to have a good thrill and swell up. For diet I lived on Suger Smacks and Rice Krispies cereal with almond milk for 2.5 years. That’s literally all I ate for every meal. Anything else and gout would would be merciless. Any food with phosphorus (even with a binder) and I would get rashes on my legs that would itch so bad I nearly went crazy. Everything got way better on dialysis though. For those who really want to donate, you most likely will be able to or they can trade your kidney for a better match. Kidneys are not like bone marrow or anything. Closer matches just means less anti rejection drugs. I truly hope someone helps you out and I’ll be thinking about you. Feel free to shoot me a pm if you have any questions. People helped me and I’d be happy to do the same. Don’t rely on just doctors alone. They haven’t lived it so they don’t fully understand. Take care of yourself.

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
Jason, I went through this exact same thing for three years and got a kidney from my sister last year. I can give some good first hand advice. You will feel much better on dialysis so definitely look forward to starting it. Hopefully your fistula is looking good. Took two surgeries to get mine to have a good thrill and swell up. For diet I lived on Suger Smacks and Rice Krispies cereal with almond milk for 2.5 years. That’s literally all I ate for every meal. Anything else and gout would would be merciless. Any food with phosphorus (even with a binder) and I would get rashes on my legs that would itch so bad I nearly went crazy. Everything got way better on dialysis though. For those who really want to donate, you most likely will be able to or they can trade your kidney for a better match. Kidneys are not like bone marrow or anything. Closer matches just means less anti rejection drugs. I truly hope someone helps you out and I’ll be thinking about you. Feel free to shoot me a pm if you have any questions. People helped me and I’d be happy to do the same. Don’t rely on just doctors alone. They haven’t lived it so they don’t fully understand. Take care of yourself.
Exactly what I need to learn. Handing me sheets of paper with what I can’t eat for phosphorous and what I can’t eat for gout plus what I can’t eat for sodium leaves me with nothing to eat... I’m totally interested in what the easiest diet is. If I can get a donor then I should only be on dialysis 4-6 months.
Right now my Fistula hurts really bad. Eating pain killers just to stay numb to it. Every part that is getting blown out is really sore. Typing hurts, lifting a carton of milk hurts, lots of coldness and numbness, I was hoping to pull a stranger but I think it’s out of the question because of the stitches feeling like needles grinding away when I move my arm.

Reactions: troller w

Baby J

Jul 28, 2017
Puyallup
Name
Jeremy
Boat
23' Walkaround
The fistula pain won’t last much longer. A good diet carefully avoiding phosphorus and purine is a must. I highly recommend trying Sugar Smacks, Rice Krispies and egg whites for a while. It takes 1-2 weeks to clean out the built up phosphorus and purine. After that the gout went away for me. Insist that they give you allopurinol for daily gout prevention and prednisone for flare ups. Also don’t let them even bother with bullshit like taking tums for a phosphorus binder. That stuff is a joke and keeps the insurance company from having to pay for the real stuff which is Renvela. For those of you thinking about donating: My sister said it was the most rewarding thing she’s ever done not to mention getting a nice vacation from work lol. She was walking around four hours after the surgery and went home the next day. She was amazed that there wasn’t that much pain or side effects. Now she can’t even tell she did it. Her saving my life not only saved me but rescued my wife and kids from having to care for me. There truly is no better gift than saving a life.