Socali818

><((((º>
Sep 15, 2016
La Habra
Name
Mike L
Boat
Yamaha FX HO
The Japanese government has decided to release treated radioactive water that has been accumulating at the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant into the ocean.

Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco) is expected to start discharging the mildly-radioactive water in 2023.

Article below:

skrilla

allirks
  • May 26, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Len
    Boat
    Camo Whammo
    GojiraBoogie.gif

Texas Tuna

Pinfish pimp
    May 18, 2020
    Rockport Texas
    Name
    Oliver
    Boat
    25' SaberCat
    There is barely any "radiation" in the water and what is left is comparable to background radiation. It will be diluted so quickly that nothing will be affected. Hilarious seeing everyone get so pissed.

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    There is barely any "radiation" in the water and what is left is comparable to background radiation. It will be diluted so quickly that nothing will be affected. Hilarious seeing everyone get so pissed.
    That would be good if that the case hope your right!

Double O

Almost A Member
    Jan 18, 2007
    glendale
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    17ft bayrunner
    Its nothing new, theyve been releasing it constantly for years since the the place blew up.They tried to tell us they were storing it in tanks, and everyone knew it wasnt enough storage, but the world wont notice.Most of the tanks leak into the ground water that flows through the facility. Its a catstrophy that will never be fixed.Three reactors that melted down and the fuel rods dissapeared into the floor,still too hot to clean up.the biggest nuclear disaster in history still going on. Doesnt get enough media coverage

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    Its nothing new, theyve been releasing it constantly for years since the the place blew up.They tried to tell us they were storing it in tanks, and everyone knew it wasnt enough storage, but the world wont notice.Most of the tanks leak into the ground water that flows through the facility. Its a catstrophy that will never be fixed.Three reactors that melted down and the fuel rods dissapeared into the floor,still too hot to clean up.the biggest nuclear disaster in history still going on. Doesnt get enough media coverage
    Crazy as hell yea amazing what media covers in the life these days...

FlatPack

Online Angler
    Sep 22, 2016
    City of Angels
    Name
    Rexor
    Boat
    "CATTLE BOAT"
    Yeah I read that too...for sure those Tunas and other pelagics at Coral Triangle will be swimming those waters one way or another....no wonder Godzilla is born in Japan 🤣.

It would also happen close to home down in Florida with the ongoing breach of those toxic water...not to mention those toxic wastes in the middle of the ocean between Catalina & PV....I dunno if someday if there will be Godzilla like creature that may emerge from our coast. LoL 😂.

• Haha
    Reactions: Blackfish

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
  • Apr 24, 2005
    in the Hood
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Franks ho
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    When was the last time you believed anything a government told you that they weren't forced to?

Reactions: Socali818

Dudley613

• May 20, 2015
    Inyotuckee CA
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    21' Cole superhawk "Beep Beep", 20' bayrunner open
    I only know what a fuel rod is because of Netflix Chernobyl lol

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    whichever has the longest bunk
    fishkilr -- The only reason we still have swordfish in the markets is because the inspection site on the fish was changed to save the fleet. If you take the sample from the belly fat like the scientists want to, there is too much mercury. Tuna also, they let them sample from a place where they know the levels will be acceptable.

I don't think that a potential tiny radiation increase is anywhere near the problem that is already posed by other things that we know about. But the Japanese are so intensely sensitive to radiation that it may in the end reduce their demand for bluefin, which will take some of the pressure off of the resource. And that would be a good thing.

MYNomad

Heading South
    Dec 12, 2007
    Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Yes
    I am pissed that Japan has decided that a small increase in background radiation, which increases the risk of cancer to everyone exposed, for decades to come, is OK. Perhaps I wouldn't feel that way if they had hired an independent, recognized expert to do the math to determine how many additional expected cancers and deaths will result. Instead, they used words like trivial and insignificant. Perhaps they regard 1,000 people as trivial. Much better (at least if the expectations are low enough that we would all regard it as trivial) for them to provide the actual numbers.

The "it will be so diluted" theory would justify spreading pollution of all sorts. In hazardous waste remediation, there is an old saying: "The solution to polution is dilution". Except the EPA (correctly) sees it differently.

fishkilr

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Aug 27, 2012
    long beach,ca.u.s.a.
    Name
    alby
    Boat
    None
    fishkilr -- The only reason we still have swordfish in the markets is because the inspection site on the fish was changed to save the fleet. If you take the sample from the belly fat like the scientists want to, there is too much mercury. Tuna also, they let them sample from a place where they know the levels will be acceptable.

I don't think that a potential tiny radiation increase is anywhere near the problem that is already posed by other things that we know about. But the Japanese are so intensely sensitive to radiation that it may in the end reduce their demand for bluefin, which will take some of the pressure off of the resource. And that would be a good thing.
    This was 2013 I think and I never heard anything else about it after and we used the same buyer til 2019 and brought lots of fish..