Bomboy Lures Are Money!
Jun 24, 2008
placerville/ca/usa
Name
zane
Boat
Skipjack 20 Flybridge, Cruel Intentions
image.jpg
I've been telling my friends for years that I was going to bring my 1971 Skipjack Flybridge back to SoCal where it grew up. I finally felt ready to tow it down from Placerville and fish.

I fished Dana point yesterday and got a dorado and three yft trolling in the fast-moving porpoise with my buddy Jim.

Today I had to telecommute until almost two. I had the boat slipped and was staying an the Marina Inn.

By the time I got bait and fuel it was 2:00. I headed out about 6 miles southwest and spotted porpoise in the distance. They happened to be coming my way with just a couple boats following. Perfect. I stopped short and let them come to me. I dropped a sardine on a Phenix black diamond and accurate dauntless with 70 -50 - 50 blackwater. Immediately get a surface boil on my bait and its game on. Roped the near 30# yft in pretty damn quick on the stout gear.

Followed the tuna and tried for a repeat but the stars didn't align as they were moving quickly.

Almost left the area but kept seeing terns behind me and none ahead so I made the call to go back and do a drft. The mammals were gone but it was fishy.

I started picking off fish here and there on the loooong soak. By the time it was over I had five chunky yft.

Not bad for an afternoon session on the old girl.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sacto John

Almost A Member
Sep 6, 2013
United States
Name
John Humphreys
Boat
1987 11'4 Boston Whaler Super Sport
You ever need a boat ho and a travel partner form Placerville hit me up. I'm in Sacramento and always down to chase some tuna!

Upvote 0

wedfabcor

May 7, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Bill Davis
Boat
34' Riviera
FYI - You came charging in and stopped right in my chumline around 3:00. I am the boat that honked at you. I think the correct term is "Googan" in case you are learning proper fishing etiquette. You shut our bite down cold. Karma is not a nice thing ... I hope that you noticed that I left very politely without running over anybody's drift or lines. Pay attention next time.

Reactions: slydawg
Upvote 0

slydawg

Always wishin' I was fishin'
Jul 14, 2004
Alta Loma/Huntington
Name
Billy
Boat
WWW - 25’ Proline
FYI - You came charging in and stopped right in my chumline around 3:00. I am the boat that honked at you. I think the correct term is "Googan" in case you are learning proper fishing etiquette. You shut our bite down cold. Karma is not a nice thing ... I hope that you noticed that I left very politely without running over anybody's drift or lines. Pay attention next time.

If true, I'm taking my like back. :D

Reactions: sushimaster
Upvote 0

Sonny100

Almost A Member
May 15, 2015
Name
Sonny
Boat
Mako 184 CC
Hey Zane Great report. Can't we all just fish and get along! At this rate 70-80 BFT will be the small ones in a couple of weeks!

Upvote 0