OutKasting

Jan 27, 2010
LA/CA
Name
Michael
Boat
none
Long story short...

almost everyone showed up today plus about 50 sweat liners... took what was left, F4. Many ducks coming off mystic lake but they were interrupted by guys practicing the ”hail Mary” shot. Only had 1 bird that was ”allowed” to decoy all damn day, gave the opportunity to my rookie buddy and he missed.

C1, the b and w ponds shot well today apparently.

Saw lots of birds from afar but a tough day. I might try for a leftover tomorrow

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fishingkid

Aug 15, 2004
Lake Elsinore
Name
Boat
N/A
Hey Donkey I was in A5 you were shooting just as high as the rest of the idiots out there throwing hail maries.and blowing your KAzooo. Did you see all those geese flying off the lake also? Crazy how many birds that lakes holding these days.

Upvote 0

OutKasting

Jan 27, 2010
LA/CA
Name
Michael
Boat
none
Fishing kid - before coming back and calling,BS, I checked the map my bad completely it was F4 that we were in. sounds like you had the same issue as us?

Upvote 0

SD Wired

Sep 3, 2011
San Diego
Name
Rod
Boat
a deflated floattube in the back of the garage
Long story short...

almost everyone showed up today plus about 50 sweat liners... took what was left, F4. Many ducks coming off mystic lake but they were interrupted by guys practicing the ”hail Mary” shot. Only had 1 bird that was ”allowed” to decoy all damn day, gave the opportunity to my rookie buddy and he missed.

C1, the b and w ponds shot well today apparently.

Saw lots of birds from afar but a tough day. I might try for a leftover tomorrow

Miguelito,
Come on my man, don't you know to shoot at the same time as your rookie buddy then give him credit for knocking the bird down? That way you "allow" him to take first shot and still get the bird.

Rod

Upvote 0

Sluester

I kill stuff
Jul 22, 2003
Lakeside
Name
Mike
Boat
Killin time, Bill Collector
I always tell the guy I'm hunting with "your bird" when we shoot at the same time, sometimes even when he doesn't shoot. Just means he stops shooting before I do. LOL

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    I always tell the guy I'm hunting with "your bird" when we shoot at the same time, sometimes even when he doesn't shoot. Just means he stops shooting before I do. LOL

Yep......Sometimes it means more shooting AND less bird cleaning.....

You can always tell a Spoony when everyone in the blind yells "nice shot___"

Upvote 0

Chompot

Mar 27, 2010
    Colorado
    Name
    Nick
    Boat
    Float Tube
    Fishing kid - before coming back and calling,BS, I checked the map my bad completely it was F4 that we were in. sounds like you had the same issue as us?

Yeah this A4 and A5 talk really confused the hell out of me. Thanks for clearing that up.

Upvote 0

strikezone 1

Oct 14, 2007
    downey
    Name
    joshua hendricks
    Boat
    23 keywest strikezone
    Hey Donkey I was in A5 you were shooting just as high as the rest of the idiots out there throwing hail maries.and blowing your KAzooo. Did you see all those geese flying off the lake also? Crazy how many birds that lakes holding these days.

what lake i thought mystic lake was dried up?

Upvote 0