KINGSIZE

On The Bow
Jul 9, 2010
Simi Valley
Name
Robert
Boat
Searcher
Launched out of Sunset Marina at 5:45 am. Headed to Nachos for a swing of HORSE deans and headed off to Izors. First thing I tied on was a red flake 6” swimbait (Cory Tunaslam Style) tipped with fresh dead squid strips. The rule was “don’t blink on the sink” and Bang! Hook up!

39 Calico and Turd rollers. One Calico to 3ish lbs and a 5 lb turd for my buddy Mike. Pretty steady action for 2 hours. Bite died so we figured we’d venture outside to see what all the bird action was out between the oil rigs.

Well it was porpoise destroying massive anchovy bait balls and slowly turned into a full on Nat Geo roller after roller of 10-15 lb yellowtail. This happen for a solid 4 hours of run-n-gun jig fishing. We tossed everything at them and they wanted nothing but a 35 gram Coltsniper since they are keyed into small chovies.

I will say it was pretty cool working with 7 or 8 private boats (that we didn’t know) to stay on the fish for hours. Wind started to pick up so we headed back to the barn at 4:30 pm.

Pretty fun day on the water.

Last edited:

ctmfish

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 2, 2010
Downey
Name
Cameron
Boat
Wellcraft V20
Thanks for the report. Sounds like local conditions have improved. What were the water temps like?

Reactions: KINGSIZE

Eatmorfish

Livin' on borrowed time
Sep 16, 2015
Upland, CA
Name
John
Boat
2018 234 Mako CC
Nice report.

Reactions: KINGSIZE