F-Bob

Baja on the Brain
Apr 15, 2011
Buena Park, CA, USA
Name
Bob Ford
Boat
Outcast FishCat Float Tube
Fished Izors this morning. On the first spot at 7 for a slow pick on the plastic. 4 gill nets in the area!😡
Little bit of lump and mixes swell but the wind stayed down until we left at 1130. 22 mixed bass in all. Some barracuda in the mix too but none to the boat. Got this nice sandy for the j.p! Ran back in at noon with them still biting. Great morning of local fishing.

IMG_0006.jpg

Kman

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 7, 2003
So Cal
Name
Kurt
Boat
Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
Good Lord that is a big ass Sandy. Congrats. We are headed out tomorrow.

Reactions: F-Bob

Cheech

Sep 11, 2008
Tustin, CA
Name
Jeff Cheechov
Boat
Skipjack 24FB, AD41P diesel
That’s a hefty Sand Bass!

Reactions: F-Bob

F-Bob

Baja on the Brain
Apr 15, 2011
Buena Park, CA, USA
Name
Bob Ford
Boat
Outcast FishCat Float Tube
Nets!? What's that all about?? It's only five miles off the coast. Is that cool?
Three miles is the limit so I guess they were legal. IDK what they were fishing for but am guessing WSB? I have a feeling there may be some around based on some of the things I've seen the past couple weeks out there.

SemperFi75

Jun 13, 2017
San Pedro
Name
SemperFi75
Boat
Semper Fidos
Fished Izors this morning. On the first spot at 7 for a slow pick on the plastic. 4 gill nets in the area!😡
Little bit of lump and mixes swell but the wind stayed down until we left at 1130. 22 mixed bass in all. Some barracuda in the mix too but none to the boat. Got this nice sandy for the j.p! Ran back in at noon with them still biting. Great morning of local fishing.

View attachment 1159609
:cheers:

oozacgt

IG: captmessaround
Mar 15, 2003
OC
execappl.com
Name
Zach
Boat
33' Riviera "Mess Around" & 20' Shamrock Pilothouse"ElBeSea
Three miles is the limit so I guess they were legal. IDK what they were fishing for but am guessing WSB? I have a feeling there may be some around based on some of the things I've seen the past couple weeks out there.
Yes, 3 miles is the limit and yes they are fishing WSB and probably doing quite well.

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
Yes, 3 miles is the limit and yes they are fishing WSB and probably doing quite well.
Commercial wsb opened a week or two ago and the harborside market had a ton of them last weekend. So yes they are doing well. Probably by catch of threshers as well.