Captain
Sep 11, 2004
Long Beach
www.sport-fishing.com
Name
Dan Hernandez
Boat
Mi Sueno
Hy guys, I have been doing a lot of local private fishing charters the past few months and I wanted to share with you how great the fishing has been. Right now Izors has more fish on it than I have seen in years. They are biting everything, live bait, cut bait, dead squid, bucktails, it's all working. We have also been fishing some of the rocks and reefs in the same area for great fishing too. I see so many people just drifting over the area, you really need to anchor up on a spot and fish it. Catching a limit of bass shouldn't be hard, get out there and get some.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_93b3.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_93ca.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_93ab.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_93c2.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_9397.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_93a0.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_9399.jpg

Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
16' Starcraft SF SS
Good going. A lot of anchors are lost there, which is why many drift it I bet. Any tips for anchoring there Dan?
I am by no means an expert but if I was going to try to anchor on it.. I would figure out the drift and then anchor on an edge of the spot and let the current set me on top of it. Start chumming and hopefully the plan comes together!

Upvote 0

Tvdan

Captain
Sep 11, 2004
Long Beach
www.sport-fishing.com
Name
Dan Hernandez
Boat
Mi Sueno
Good going. A lot of anchors are lost there, which is why many drift it I bet. Any tips for anchoring there Dan?
Make sure you have enough chain to hold you and drive at least three boat lengths away from the spot you want to fish before dropping your anchor.

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Spot lock works on a small boat. But has limits. Anchoring tip( as stated above) don’t drop a anchor in or on structure! Use a break away anchor( one that holds you on spot from one end but releases from other) set up current then back down to edge then drift baits back into structure!! But and a big but! Even the best captains loose anchors!

Reactions: slydawg
Upvote 0

ssrmr2

Mar 15, 2006
OC
Name
Steve
Boat
17' montauk "Anger Management"
rhodan makes big boat trolling motors.

motor guide can be interfaces with lowrance and simrad mfd units

minnkota and hummingbird