Inshore Izors 4/29, Calicos to the rescue!

PENN

ANGLING ALLEN

Almost A Member
  • Apr 14, 2006
    Fullerton
    Name
    Larry
    Boat
    finatic
    The dogs and I took the bay boat out today to Izors. Great weather! Sunny, light breeze, no swells.
    Fishing conditions were murky water, 10 ft clarity, good current late morning, very low tide early morning with weak current. Water temp wasn't working, said 29 degrees! Some dolphin feeding through the area, lots of bait, few birds, saw a big Mola that the dogs took an interest in. Looked like he had been hit by a prop, big gash on his side. He was just doing the Mola thing drifting along. He was a BIG one!
    Slow in the morning. Put a few sand bass on the boat early, then slack tide. This seemed to bring the boats around me, had three guys motor in within 100 ft. It's a pretty big ocean, just saying...
    Saw three sporties and about 8 private boats working the area. Anyway, put 33 bass on the boat, 12 inches to 19 inches. 8 sand bass in the morning, then the calicos came out to play! Caught 25 calicos! Mostly shorts and suspended, Still got two 19 inches! All released on plastics. Colors mostly favored the red spectrum. The K-Man specials got nearly half the total! Once again, had to move around to find the right area.
    Dogs had a blast! One went in like 4 times! Water dog!
    Wind started up around 2:30, headed in. By 3:15, blowing pretty hard.
    Tight Lines!

20210429_132409_02.jpg

20210429_100040.jpg

20210429_090421.jpg

20210429_140254.jpg

20210429_132312.jpg

20210429_114432.jpg

ShadowX

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Alex
    Boat
    None
    People keep bragging about their 19 inches. You have no proof! You didn't show the scale. LOL

The sand bass are pretty nice grade. Too bad we just see less of them in terms of volume. Thanks for releasing those turds so they can reproduce.

Reactions: ANGLING ALLEN
    A
    ANGLING ALLEN
    Two calicos at 19", and one sand bass. Tough taking pics solo. Some of the biggest calicos I've gotten at Izors.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Kman

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 7, 2003
    So Cal
    Name
    Kurt
    Boat
    Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
    Nice! We took a chance today and went up to Rocky Point looking for gar. Nothing happening up there. It was lifeless. I had a bad run on the double trouble rig. All it caught were rocks😩. We hit the west shoe and were done by noon with maybe 15 bass to 3#. Going again Sunday.

Reactions: ANGLING ALLEN
    A
    ANGLING ALLEN
    Did you see the remains of the K-Man? That's after about 8 fish! Good luck Sunday.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0