Izor+Horseshoe Help

James Keller

Dec 3, 2019
Colorado
Name
James
Boat
21ft Trophy Center Console
Hey all, been wanting to get out to the island this coming weekend. But due to the coming weather I'm going to stay inshore. Thinking about fishing Izor or the Horseshoe. Never fished there before and was I'm wanting to be as prepared as possible. If you have any tips they would be very appreciated!

Upvote 0

Hismosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    Don't try to anchor at izors unless you want to lose your anchor. Other than that it's mostly bass and maybe some sculpin/rockfish. Good luck

Upvote 0

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    Yep exactly what they said!

Upvote 0

Kman

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 7, 2003
    So Cal
    Name
    Kurt
    Boat
    Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
    Look for structure with fish stacked up on it. Once you find them, drop jigs or plastics on them. I’m partial to my 4” plastics (Kman Specials) with 1, 1.5 and 2 oz heads on them depending on depth and wind.

Here is a video I made a while back showing our technique. Good luck.

Upvote 0

James Keller

Dec 3, 2019
    Colorado
    Name
    James
    Boat
    21ft Trophy Center Console
    Look for structure with fish stacked up on it. Once you find them, drop jigs or plastics on them. I’m partial to my 4” plastics (Kman Specials) with 1, 1.5 and 2 oz heads on them depending on depth and wind.

Here is a video I made a while back showing our technique. Good luck.
    Thanks Kman! I appreciate the help!

Upvote 0

wildbunch

MOFO
    Oct 11, 2008
    Analheim
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    23' "Hardcore"
    Check Windy.com & find something else to do. Mother Nature is giving us a SMACKDOWN. Water, sky, water, sky, water, sky............ Good Luck :skullbone:Zombie_Ro

Upvote 0

AlwaysHookedUp

Almost A Member
    Jun 13, 2019
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    J
    Boat
    Center Console
    fished Izors yesterday with one friend and we pulled in over 50 bass in 2 hours on the same spot. Never moved. Mostly Calico with a few sand bass mixed in and a 14 inch sculpin. Weather was beautiful but the sea was angry. Extremely choppy with decent swells. Birds and boils everywhere and dolphin came through hunting. Anchoring isn't a problem if you know where to do it.

Upvote 0