Ive been away a looong time. Lol.

PHOTOG2

Oct 12, 2020
So cal
Name
Jesse
Boat
24 skipjack fb
Whats up? Been a while and forgot my old log in so now its PHOTOG2 the reincarnation of the long lost jackass. some will be very disappointed im still alive lol. Is helmetnutsac still around?

anyhow. 2 years ago me and the lady bought a beat shit skipjack 24 FB. I have had a number of boats, mostly junk, or way to small for what we would do lol.After we bought it, life got crazy and wemoved and had a mountain of family issues and stuff arise so the boat got ranked way down the list, but now i have been inspired to actually dig in and get her the attention she deserves and not just be a driveway decoration. Some may remember my attempt at building a 21’ panga from scratch out of wood and fiberglass, the divorce made me park that boat in the desert and i ended up just getting waster and lighting it on fire in a stupor, good times.

the engine is a 305 with a horrendous rod knock. Im not interested in rebuilding this engine at all too many unknowns and id rather get a 350 in there anyways so i am probably going to get a 350 to power.

i am wide open to any recommendations or suggestions on where to source a motor etc.

Man ive been away a long time, glad to see the board is doing well and see a few names i remember from way back. 🍻

74E5AA15-B6EB-49EF-99CE-C2B6CA649EB9.jpeg

3E1D5EAC-06A7-41C8-AAD1-3811E4E46E1C.jpeg

Upvote 0

PHOTOG2

Oct 12, 2020
So cal
Name
Jesse
Boat
24 skipjack fb
Welcome back.
Weren't you the one that made a koi pond in your back yard?

holy hell you have a good memory! Yea man i had the pond lol. i used to mod the bass forum too. Fishing and boats had to take a back seat for a few years as i sorted out some stuff. But back on track and looking forward to getting this boat rigged for next offshore season.

Upvote 0

tuner

pysgotwyr
  • May 24, 2006
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    260 Mackinaw
    Its PHOTOG 2 not PHOTO G 2.... lol

If you are looking for a 350 engine to start from, I'd suggest buying a 96-99 5.7 Vortec engine from a 2500 or 3500HD truck. This engine is the base for the Vortec marine engines, only the cam is different. These engines will have the multi-port fuel injection manifold and the "flat top" plastic distributor. You will need a "Vortec" design intake manifold but the existing carb should be fine. Your 305 distributor will also work. The marine cam is the same as the "GM Ramjet 350" cam and can be found online.

Or just buy this: https://marineenginedepot.com/new-57l-gm-marine-long-block

Upvote 0

PHOTOG2

Oct 12, 2020
    So cal
    Name
    Jesse
    Boat
    24 skipjack fb
    Its PHOTOG 2 not PHOTO G 2.... lol

If you are looking for a 350 engine to start from, I'd suggest buying a 96-99 5.7 Vortec engine from a 2500 or 3500HD truck. This engine is the base for the Vortec marine engines, only the cam is different. These engines will have the multi-port fuel injection manifold and the "flat top" plastic distributor. You will need a "Vortec" design intake manifold but the existing carb should be fine. Your 305 distributor will also work. The marine cam is the same as the "GM Ramjet 350" cam and can be found online.

Or just buy this: https://marineenginedepot.com/new-57l-gm-marine-long-block

hell yea! Thanks for the info! Definately helps point me in the right direction!

you know the “photo-G” thing lol.

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    Bass Hooligans!PM jason and he can probably help you getting access to your old account.

Reactions: PHOTOG2
    Upvote 0