Offshore I've been a member of BD for over 2 yrs & I just used my 1st 3 posts like an ass.

PENN
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2011
SD
Name
Dwayne
Boat
None
Dude don't bash boats Capt's,Penheads or counts here.And hope they know where they are going. Just do your homework before you go (Boats & conditions) and hope for the best. spend more time fishing and not counting and you WILL HAVE MORE FUN........

PS, The Gay's on the site love to bash Newbe's (And yes counts are often off)
no big thing.:hali_olutta:

Calling out erroneous counts is bashing a boat? I wonder why counts are not 'often off' on the LOW side? :rofl:

Upvote 0

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
bench fisherman. you can't fish. you blame me, and call me a asswipe,a jerk. You wrong I like this site a lot. I check the report read the fishing story almost everyday. Except when I go fishing. People like you want me to hate this site. I used to trust the fishing report all the time until today. I check the report and go fishing. not like you websitefishing.

Don,
This post is a perfect example of why I (and several others) have jumped your case on this thread.

You openly admit you fish on a regular basis, kudos to you, that's awesome.... seriously.

But what so many people on BD (obviously myself included) are getting frustatated is that when a member ONLY wants to start a thread of negativity such as calling out a boat, a captain, or a business owner. The point is, you've been a member on this site for over 2 years and not once did you have the ambition to start a thread about one of your fishing trips? Not once? Not even posting on someone elses thread to say something related to one of your fishing trips? No, you chose the moment to start a thread to call out a boat for exagerating a fish count. I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying that a majority of sportboats fudge, error to the positive, add a couple, lie, what ever you want to call it. Show me a fisherman who says he don't lie about his catch (qty., weight, length, etc) and I'll show you a liar. :D

Could you imagine what BD would be like if the only threads that everyone started was "The sportboat XXXXXXXX has a shitty captain and crew" or "The sportboat XXXXXXXX lied about their count" or "The sportboat XXXXXX fucked my mother"

Ya............. Wouldn't be too much to read about (except for maybe the last one).

2 years belonging to BD & you admit you fish all the time and you decided to start a thread questioning the fish count on a trip you were on. You didn't even start a thread reporting about your trip? Damn dude.......................

Last edited:
Upvote 0

shiprecc

avoiding rigamortis!
Aug 28, 2010
so cal
Name
B.
Boat
scorpion
I value accurate reports and appreciate the fact that this guy (even in his broken English) reported the truth. It's funny that the guy telling the truth gets jumped on but the liar is given a pass. The venomous defense of the sport boats gets old in my opinion. I don't have the highest post count but then I don't spend hours posting on every report saying (Good job buddy). If a high post count is how we judge our fellow anglers that's pretty sad.
Very well said bravo!:appl:

Upvote 0

johndtuttle

Angler/Client
Mar 20, 2008
Carmel, CA
Name
john
Boat
not crazy enough yet
I value accurate reports and appreciate the fact that this guy (even in his broken English) reported the truth. It's funny that the guy telling the truth gets jumped on but the liar is given a pass. The venomous defense of the sport boats gets old in my opinion. I don't have the highest post count but then I don't spend hours posting on every report saying (Good job buddy). If a high post count is how we judge our fellow anglers that's pretty sad.

Look, what you posted is totally reasonable, but read what Saluki posted above. I agree with him 100% that it is not OK to basically make your first thread ever a post slamming a boat over such a minor thing.

I have stepped on my own dick plenty of times on this site but at least I take the time to genuinely help people 99% of the time. Maybe that gets me a little slack...

It's not about defending liars, it's about defending fisherman (kinda the same thing :evilimu:) and even though our Compa may not have posted tons due to his English, and has his panties in a wad over getting skunked, bashing a hard working boat/crew in a public forum is not the answer over such a minor deal.

Get worked up over some serious biz going down on the boat (like I have, I will admit) but fuck me jeebus, get pissed off over, what 7 fish? Who the fuck cares and who with any experience at all takes fish counts as the indisputable Word of God? Divide every fish count by 2 and then I decide if I am going fishing is what I do....I thought everyone did that?

Best

Upvote 0

DawnPatrol

Cora's & Hollis' GrandPa
Mar 27, 2005
Fletcher Hills
Name
Alan
Boat
2520 Parker SL 250 Yammie
I think this guy just may be someone pulling our collective legs...
Very few posts, and join date is?

Anyone can register under a new/phony name and start trying to see who can fool who

IMO

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
I have stepped on my own dick plenty of times on this site but at least I take the time to genuinely help people 99% of the time.

Well when your dick is as big as mine is, you get used to stepping on it. It hurts and makes me not want to help people.

Upvote 0

johndtuttle

Angler/Client
Mar 20, 2008
Carmel, CA
Name
john
Boat
not crazy enough yet
Well when your dick is as big as mine is, you get used to stepping on it. It hurts and makes me not want to help people.

Maybe, but in all likelihood You couldn't carry Dan Hernandez'zzz Jock :rofl:.

jeez give the guy a break, it's not like he fucked your dog or anything...?

ps. seriously, lighten up. It's not gonna kill ya :).

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
Maybe, but in all likelihood You couldn't carry Dan Hernandez'zzz Jock :rofl:.

jeez give the guy a break, it's not like he fucked your dog or anything...?

Dan Hernandez is the world's biggest mangina.....I'm sick of people that don't know how to fish trying to swallow his unexistent shaft to the pubes

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    excellent point. although I am sure you have a disclaimer where BD is not responsible for content, even the threat of litigation can be effective. But, most cattle boat operators I doubt care for attorneys let alone would be willing to spend the $$$ to pursue a loser lawsuit against BD.

carry on!

There is a difference between slander and freedom of speach. Nothing in this poor guy's thread is "slander", he is just making an observation on a report that was not the "TRUE".

He is just commenting and making a point. It is ridiculous to mention Attorneys and law. If a boat capt. gives BS info. and someone calls him out, then so be it. It should not matter if they are paying for advertisment or not.

Upvote 0

johndtuttle

Angler/Client
    Mar 20, 2008
    Carmel, CA
    Name
    john
    Boat
    not crazy enough yet
    Dan Hernandez is the world's biggest mangina.....I'm sick of people that don't know how to fish trying to swallow his unexistent shaft to the pubes

lol, u butt hurt bro.

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
    Sep 6, 2005
    Escondido
    Name
    Buster Brown
    Boat
    28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"

Well you just made the biggest asshole list.......Dan works with the kids and that's all I need to know........So let me take this opportunity to say.....:finger:....

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat
    Well you just made the biggest asshole list.......Dan works with the kids and that's all I need to know........So let me take this opportunity to say.....:finger:....

I've taken plenty of kids fishing myself, I just don't use it as an avenue to sell less then par fishing tackle or cooking products. :finger::shithappens:

Upvote 0

flytyer

Jul 3, 2008
    Ridgecrest, CA, USA
    Name
    Allen
    Boat
    Triumph 170CC/Yamaha
    I should have made popcorn before reading this thread. No real dog in this fight, both sides of it have valid points, assuming "absolutes" are your rubric of choice.

7 fish or 15 fish, the trip wasn't a great one. That happens, that's fishing. If you want guarantees, fishing will frustrate the hell out of you. If you consider fish counts as anything other than rough estimates or approximations.....keep in mind that "shorts" go back in the water, fish could be getting farmed but still counted, or perhaps your omniscience isn't as complete as you assume it to be.

I do think that a perceived problem with a boat/crew/landing needs to first be discussed with that service provider before going public about an issue. Which this isn't, in the big scheme of things. It sounds to me like you're bummed about spending $XXX and not filling a wheelbarrow with tuna. Understandable, but most of us here have had that experience--known as The Long Boat Ride. That's fishing. Angling might not be your cup of tea, after all.

Upvote 0

kerchunk

Almost A Member
    Jul 5, 2004
    Diego, San
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    2011 BMW M3
    There is a difference between slander and freedom of speach. Nothing in this poor guy's thread is "slander", he is just making an observation on a report that was not the "TRUE".

He is just commenting and making a point. It is ridiculous to mention Attorneys and law. If a boat capt. gives BS info. and someone calls him out, then so be it. It should not matter if they are paying for advertisment or not.

This thread has really taken on a life of its own! My email was in response to Jason's stated email concern about dealing with attorneys who represent client's that consider BD posts to malign them, see:

"Originally Posted by Jason

What you guys don't see is that those of us that run BD are represented by the posters. When a poster is slamming a boat who do you think gets called and the lawyer’s letters? Not the guy behind the keyboard acting tough...

my comment: excellent point. although I am sure you have a disclaimer where BD is not responsible for content, even the threat of litigation can be effective. But, most cattle boat operators I doubt care for attorneys let alone would be willing to spend the $$$ to pursue a loser lawsuit against BD.

carry on!"

I never said that what the OP said was slander. The point is that fear of being sued is a legit concern, but am myself in favor of more not less information, so in that respect, the OP should be able to share information as long as it is accurate.

Also, just to edify, slander/defamation/libel is not the same as protected speech under the first amendment as they are completely different animals. One can slander/defame/libel someone and this would be considered protected speech under the first amendment. However, even if protected under the first amendment if you slander/defame/libel you risk being sued if the speech/publication meets the standard for those torts. If you don't get that, ask an attorney, they will explain. :hali_olutta:

Class dismissed.:drunk

Upvote 0

Swarthy Dago

Coredor de las olas
    Aug 20, 2008
    USA
    Name
    My name is Nobody
    Boat
    n/a
    Lawsuits, sheesh...... funny things they are. Not in any particular order here, but usually one has to prove damages. So what are the damages if someone slanders a boat on BD. They will have to prove damages. Then on the other hand anyone can be sued for practically nothing and you will have to spend alot of money to defend it. Not very productive thing to be involved in. It's a very sad state of affairs for sure. Lawyers are scum till ya need one as the saying goes. Ever been screwed by your own lawyer ? Now that is the worst. I have some tips for those that are interested, about a good lawyer for yourself.

A good lawyer will want you as a client for life.
    If someone screws with you he will go after them with a vengence.
    He will tell you outright that most things boil down to numbers.
    He will tell you that most cases end up with both sides disappointed because both sides had to compromise.
    If you ask him a question he should give you an immediate answer, not "I gotta make a call and I'll get back to you". If you hear that then beware cuz he just might be cuttin his own deal at your expense. Hope these have helped cuz it is a world of hurt when you are spending every last bit of your money on a case.

Upvote 0

Swarthy Dago

Coredor de las olas
    Aug 20, 2008
    USA
    Name
    My name is Nobody
    Boat
    n/a
    bench fisherman. you can't fish. you blame me, and call me a asswipe,a jerk. You wrong I like this site a lot. I check the report read the fishing story almost everyday. Except when I go fishing. People like you want me to hate this site. I used to trust the fishing report all the time until today. I check the report and go fishing. not like you websitefishing.

Hey, Paquero.... tell you what, you get some really fine asian babes with big pussies and bring them out with you, and we'll get a couple vatos from here and take them fishing, then you will never have to prove yourself to us again. Ok ? tu te quire ? mass cervaza ? :hali_olutta: ... an if you don't have the bitches willing to do this then you are just another maricone.

Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.