Mpizzle

Bobber down!
Jul 18, 2010
Mt Vernon
Name
Matt
Boat
20’ Glasply
The mornings are crisp and cool and the fog has rolled in. You can smell it in the air! It's bow hunting season again already!

I've almost all but put the rods up in favor of archery gear, hopefully I get a coho day or 2 in this season! For now, it's pack prep and shooting the block.

Who else is getting pumped?

NW-Quackhead

May 5, 2014
Belfair, Wa
Name
Conner
Boat
Defiance 290 Guadalupe
95B54FAF-B6F2-44A4-9623-AF14973FE22F.jpeg
My wife and son are about tired of hearing the bugle in my rec room. I’m losing sleep already. Dialing in the new broad heads this weekend. I CANT WAIT!!!
One of my groups at 57 yards today. Getting closer to where I need to be!

Mpizzle

Bobber down!
Jul 18, 2010
Mt Vernon
Name
Matt
Boat
20’ Glasply
Nice! Looking like a dead elk there.

Lol about the bugles. I live near downtown and I’m sure the neighborhood is getting concerned there might be a herd bull walking the streets.

NW-Quackhead

May 5, 2014
Belfair, Wa
Name
Conner
Boat
Defiance 290 Guadalupe
i Have to be careful with my neighbors. I’ll end up with 3 trucks in my driveway and 6 assholes cow calling in my back yard.

Reactions: Mpizzle

koorbloh

Jun 16, 2010
Monroe, WA
Name
Jeff
Boat
17' Smokercraft Osprey
Not doing archery this year, but my pack is packed and I'm ready for high buck in a couple weeks. Doing a hike with the family today for berries...and maybe if I found a bear...

Reactions: Odin7 and EJ Swanny

Mpizzle

Bobber down!
Jul 18, 2010
Mt Vernon
Name
Matt
Boat
20’ Glasply
I've always wanted to get into the high buck but archery elk gets in the way every time lol! Good luck!

koorbloh

Jun 16, 2010
Monroe, WA
Name
Jeff
Boat
17' Smokercraft Osprey
Thanks, I'm trying like hell. I figure high buck is the only place that everyone's on equal footing: no private land, no 4 wheelers. And mule deer are so much fun to chase.

My plan this year was to spend a week in the mountains above Lake Chelan, but an unexpected job change means I have only have weekends this year. So, I spent Saturday walking 10 miles in the wilderness and saw absolutely nothing. Need to get higher quicker to still be in range of the truck. Found another trail to try, but otherwise we'll be sitting in a small clearing hoping and praying.

Got a buddy's place lined up with a couple 4x4's hanging around for regular season when that doesn't work out ;)

Reactions: EJ Swanny and Odin7

Mpizzle

Bobber down!
Jul 18, 2010
Mt Vernon
Name
Matt
Boat
20’ Glasply
Yeah the biggest SOB I’ve seen this season was eating out of my fruit tree. Lol

NW-Quackhead

May 5, 2014
Belfair, Wa
Name
Conner
Boat
Defiance 290 Guadalupe
My cousins down on the Oregon coast have been able to chase Rosie’s since August 24th. Lucky bastards. Their season is a full month long for archery

Reactions: Mpizzle

NW-Quackhead

May 5, 2014
Belfair, Wa
Name
Conner
Boat
Defiance 290 Guadalupe
Well my early elk season is a wrap. Called in 4 bulls within 60 yards. The only shot we had at a bull my buddy clipped a branch on a 23 yard shot at a 4x4. I missed a cow at 62 yards last night. I have zero complaints though. Action packed 6 days of chasing rosies. We were in elk 5 of the 6 days. Hope all you fellas had fun

Reactions: Odin7

koorbloh

Jun 16, 2010
Monroe, WA
Name
Jeff
Boat
17' Smokercraft Osprey
Spent 2 days in the wilderness for the High Buck hunt. Hiked from 2600-4800 feet in just over 3 miles on Saturday and saw nothing and no sign. Then because of the rain, stayed lower on Sunday, saw a buck and another deer (too dark to see) at 45 minutes before first light and nothing else all day. I've never been more aware of my calves than today.

Reactions: Odin7

NW-Quackhead

May 5, 2014
Belfair, Wa
Name
Conner
Boat
Defiance 290 Guadalupe
Spent 2 days in the wilderness for the High Buck hunt. Hiked from 2600-4800 feet in just over 3 miles on Saturday and saw nothing and no sign. Then because of the rain, stayed lower on Sunday, saw a buck and another deer (too dark to see) at 45 minutes before first light and nothing else all day. I've never been more aware of my calves than today.
That had to be a beautiful 2 days though... I’ve heard those high hunts are either feast or famine. Never done it myself.

koorbloh

Jun 16, 2010
Monroe, WA
Name
Jeff
Boat
17' Smokercraft Osprey
It was a beautiful area up high, and down low. One more weekend of high buck. I've got some more hunting I need to do from that parking spot before I give up on it. There's so much thick cover that's impossible to hunt, and some rad areas that need to be sat by people more patient than me.