Saltwater Its Time 2 Fish, Who's In?

merickson46

Apr 20, 2021
Washington
Name
matthew erickson
Boat
2021 Stabicraft 25 & 2006 Carver 38 SS
I just bought a brand new 25' Stabicraft Ultracab. I am looking for some experienced people to go out fishing with me. I moved to Washington last summer and fished in a few places in the sound. I also have a 38' Carver Super Sport that I kept in Alaska for 5 years (It's now docked in Anacortes) fishing all over Sitka, Juneau & Ketchikan. I like fishing anywhere, for anything. The boat is docked at the marina in Everett, but I am open to picking people up at other marinas if that makes it logistically easier.
I would like to do some offshore trips to target tuna and black cod. For the black cod, I have multiple electric reels that easily can get to depths of 750 fathoms.

If interested, please PM me and we can start a dialogue.

Matt

stabi.jpg

Salmon King

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 29, 2013
Everett, WA, USA
Name
Tim
Boat
Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
Welcome to the hood! We’ve got our boat in POE too. Nice stabicraft. You will really enjoy getting it dialed in.

Curious on the black cod venture. I’d like to figure them out as well. We sounded swarms of them last year targeting halibut and did catch one incidentally. A few charters will target them on deepwater ocean days. They sure are good eating!

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
you should have no problem finding some competent crew to help you learn our areas and fishing. Does your stabi have a legit bait tank, not a “live well”?

koopa

Arima Adventures
Feb 3, 2018
Puget sound
Name
Koopa
Boat
Arima
Awesome boat. While fishing by one of these last year in a very large swell, I couldn’t stop watching this boat literally run up/down huge swells with ease. Fishing can be tough in the sound sometimes, so def look to the straits/ocean with that bad boy.

Reactions: merickson46
Upvote 0

JTC

Too Sirius
  • Aug 13, 2012
    Redmond Wa
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    24' North River O/S. SIRIUS FISHIN
    Great looking boat!
    Consider targeting halibut and ling cod with an incidental catch of black cod
    Starts on the 6th of may offshore

Upvote 0

Hard Chargin'

Fischjäger
    Aug 11, 2019
    PNW
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Stabicraft 459 Fish'r
    Oooohhh! I recognize that boat!!! Dont ask me how I know all about it haha. @merickson46 I am always down for an adventure. I wish I would have seen your post earlier this week, I'm out bobbing around by myself right now!

IMG_20210424_132018.jpg

@StabiCruiser congrats on the walkthrough, it's a sweet rig as well. It was a bitch to put together though.

Reactions: merickson46

Tish

Almost A Member
    Jun 27, 2019
    Shoreline WA
    Name
    Grant
    Boat
    1991 Achilles SGX-122, 1997 Boston Whaler Dauntless 17
    Love that Stabicraft, I was crawling all over them a few months ago in Everett... just awesome boats. Beautiful welds for miles!

Reactions: Hard Chargin'
    Upvote 0