CAPTAIN | TEAM USUAL SUSPECTS
Has Moderator Powers
Sep 18, 2007
Seattle
Name
TOMMY DONLIN
Boat
DEFIANCE GUADALUPE 290 CORNIVOROUS
Per Mission Outdoors Voicemail : "Northwest harvest never sent fish back to the people (those in need) of Westport. As a result, we decided to cut them out of the processing and pay for it directly in order to give back to the Westport community. Processing costs are $14K".

My thoughts: winners will get paid. Mission Outdoors took over an operation that was mis-allocating funds and it takes time to overcome that. At the same time, they can do a better job communicating with the winners. I called back in November, got my answer, and trust that Ryan and the team will come through. While its admirable that MO is covering processing costs to bring the canned goods back to coastal communities, it's not worth $14K and an angry group of tournament anglers. Long term strategy requires a happy and supportive community.

With that said, Goat must have gone back to school because I have never seen such a series of coherent thoughts come out of that human. Love ya Goat!

TIGHT LINES!

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
I'm a freaking Mechanic not a Freaking Structural Engineer from U of Nebraska aka Children of the CornHuskers.

But thank you for the complement Tommy!

Reel Hooker

“Ice Melter”
Sep 9, 2013
Carnation
www.metropolitandetail.com
Name
Benjamin
Boat
Parker 2320 Long Cabin 'REEL HOOKER'
no one is upset, or was upset. Its just time to get paid. And I have been told up until now that WTC has no money, by RYAN. So why does Scott say different, that’s what the question is.

I’ve not lynched or talked poorly of WTC, not me, every other post talks poorly of WTC mine only mentions scott, and a meant to be funny acronym. I’m on your side, just want a consistent story, and it has been till Scott opened his mouth. We were all happy to think they had no money.

and yes mike caught the fish we all knew that, and I was there, I was the one who gaffed it, on the second try:oops: thank god he caught it, we were all so happy and still are. We are still the most winningest team in WTC history, paid or not!!!!! High five🙌

Reactions: G-Spot

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
So I suppose I can wrap my head around holding funds for the payouts for the albacore until they are "inspected by our processor". But, there is no way in hell Merlino's is so backed up, they havnt been able to process the PRIZE MONEY fish for 6 months.. What is that 18 or so Albacore that make up all the payout fish?? That's a cop out IMO. Smells Fishy as [email protected],

But that same lame excuse is even more BS for the Pelagic Pot! That fish isnt in possession of the processor and was verified to be a BF on derby day. So those funds have no reason to be not released to the winning person/team.

I think the Tourney officials would be better served to fess up to the truth about things or shit will spiral further into the shithole. Integrity is everything boys.

PS, I think we all have a dog in this fight. I don't think very many of us are going to be excited to put $450 into supporting a tournament and not have confidence in its integrity; and neither are sponsors or the OWC.

Last edited:

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
Agree with you Mike, I not buying one bit of these BS excuses from anyone.
Your Crew so........

Capt speaks for the crew.

Enough said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Move on Drama QUEENS!

1579571891372.png

1579571988085.png

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
  • Haha
Reactions: goatram

Cabo queen

Nov 24, 2012
san diego
Name
jimmini cricket
Boat
Queen Qu
First, let me apologize for not jumping in here and the delay in getting participants their winnings that are owed to them.

-I won't answer number I don't have saved in my phone. If there is no voicemail, it's not important and I won't return the call.

-Here is your short answer. The same one everyone was told at the event. Once fish are cleaned and checked to ensure everything and every fish is legit, payout will happen. That's not when one team is done that one team gets paid. For those that have thrown around the idea the MO/WTC doesn't have the funds, well I can tell you that is far from true. I talked with Ryan this evening, sounds like fish should be done by the end of the week. I know we were told November. but with the issues we had with Nort West Harvest and being lied to by them for years, this is where are.

-We are working on a process where winners can be paid out Sunday after the event. I hope this happens so people who spent their time and money on the event can get any winnings coming to them.

-the majority of the winners have been very understanding of the process for this. I'm sorry if you're not, we hope this won't be a issue again.

If you want to reach out, you have my number call me, text me, hit my up on Facebook messenger or hell even Instagram.
6 months is ridiculous. This is not how you run a tourney. I'm curious how long it takes OTC to pay out. Sad the guy has to internet shame them to get his winnings.

Reactions: mrfish11

RUNNOFT

Word of the Day: IceMelter
May 13, 2003
Orange County Kali
Name
OT - the Other Travis
Boat
Professional Boat Ho for now
WTF You talking about Goat??
He took 4th PLACE fishing ON HIS BOAT, with a crew of 2 guys! (HIM + 1 Guy)
This times a million. Whitehouse was by far and away the stud captain of the weekend with one crew, pulling in big fish (even though didn’t enter and had the morality to call that out when they tried to “pay him”) and placing 4th overall on the little Parker that could.

We were on a Cadillac with a crew of four professionals. When MrFish talks stfu he earned it that weekend

Reactions: Chasin' Tail

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
That seems a little steep @ $14k to process the reported 3,356 pounds of fish in the round that was donated for a charity event.

Last edited:

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat

Last edited:

mrfish11

"Just a captain"
Aug 3, 2009
Olympia,WA
Name
Brian
Boat
Parker 2320, 17x60 Willies
I clearly hit a nerve with Goat by saying the exact same thing that 90% of people on this thread have been saying over and over. Wish when he talks shit about me there was at least a little bit of truth to it. Last time I checked, we all get to have an opinion.

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
Out of curiosity where is the 3,356 coming from?
I grabbed that off the Mission outdoors page.. But that number is for "total fish weighed" so Im not sure if that was ALL the fish donated or the weight of all the fish turned in for the teams "biggest 5" … Its more than the sum of the 30 teams that are listed, but who knows for sure I guess.

Still seems steep @ $14K.. I thought I had heard that Merlinos was going to do the processing for free?

Reactions: Marlin Mike

FHisherman

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 15, 2011
Anacortes, WA
Name
Kevin
Boat
Parker
This is all so sad between a group of good folks and good fishermen. I don't know the whole story, and the operators of WTC seem like good, well intentioned dudes. But the winners need to be paid within at least a couple weeks. The process needs to be streamlined, obviously. We didn't have to do a species DNA test, but I'd always write checks for the derby I was President of as fast as possible after sobering up on Sunday. Many do pay in cash. Don't give up on this event, unless the lack of payment is proven to be a product of malfeasance. Let's give positive input to get it back on track if not. A couple things I learned about running tournaments is it's a thankless job and always think about the worst case scenario. It ain't all fun although it can be rewarding.

Reactions: Dash One
Status
Not open for further replies.