Glad Wrap

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 21, 2009
Tacoma, WA
Name
Scott
Boat
boat whore
I attacked no one. Told one dude to piss up a rope, that's about it.

Reactions: goatram

Team Sency

Unleash the hounds!!
Jan 6, 2012
Black Diamond
Name
Chris
Boat
JuiceBox2
Getting paid is fundamental to who we all are. We don’t have these toys if either our employers or customers don’t hold up to what was agreed to and in a timely fashion.

If individuals or an entity don’t show a dedication to making folks whole, then that tells you all you need to know about their character. You know full well they expect to get paid.

If Scott is just a talking head, he might best stop and just relay the message to the board folks that you just might want to pay these folks on the double.

I haven’t poked a Swede for a bit... he gave a like to Scott getting after G$....G is spot on and apparently if buy anything from Miles he is cool if take your sweet ass time paying him. Swedefargo is a killer lending institution!

• Haha
Reactions: Corey G

South Sounder

Skipper
Jun 12, 2011
South Sound/ WA/ USA
Name
Chris
Boat
South Sounder
I have a great idea. Next year everyone takes their “entry fees” and give it to Goat. He will have Boeing Match it and give it to charity. Exactly what this fun event was made for and we know it will be followed through on. Then we all support the local business and have a party. When you buy a meal buy “two.” You receive one, and the second paid meal the business turns the funds over to the food bank for that meal and they can purchase what they need for the community.

Or if that’s too complicated, the WTC can just pay the dudes who won money, and move on. I for one will be out this year but will still do everything I can to take as many vets out as possible this year.

Swede

Yachtless
May 2, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Name
Swede
Boat
Kristen Lee
I haven’t poked a Swede for a bit... he gave a like to Scott getting after G$....G is spot on and apparently if buy anything from Miles he is cool if take your sweet ass time paying him. Swedefargo is a killer lending institution!

Here we go!!
I did like it. Funny shit.
As for Scott, 1. He’s being honest. 2. He’s not the one who owes the money. 3. At least he is conveying the concerns of the group. 4. I believe this will lead to a quicker solution to rectify this flawed process of relying on NW Harvest to verify fish.

Carry on...

dragonballs

I'm off probation
Mar 28, 2008
Arlington WA
Name
Vance
Boat
40' ocean sport fisher
holy shit show batman.. I was hoping things were going to get fixed. money corrupts everything..

Reactions: Corey G and Elkfins

FVSerenity

Captain
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
WTF? Bizarre, verify fish? Huh? Still haven’t been paid? Huh? It seems like that should have happened when they announced the winners, anything else is bullshitI’m so confused....

well, I didn’t enter the tournament but I did take some of the vets out fishing, I had a great time:)

another point bullshit is that they held back the great bait for the tournament, I know they did because I fished the days before, during and after!

plus the people who run it should know that this is going to end badly if you don’t get the winners paid immediately in this close knit community how do they expect to have another tournament?

Roll the Bones

Dr. Fong
Jul 15, 2008
Operating Room
Name
Dr. Fong
Boat
Hewescraft 250 Alaskan
All I can say is wow? I'll bet if I turn my wife loose on em you will get a check the next day. Those of you who know her would put money on it!!!!
I hate to say it but of course I will anyway, this is why my crew and I have sat the last couple of them out. The jury will stay out one more year, by then it might be too late for all of these tournaments. I heard OTC is going the way of the Dodo also.

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
Wow. This is shameful. There is ZERO valid reason for these guys not being paid within weeks. We donated all our fish. Those had damn well been canned within weeks and not just stuck in a freezer. All the attaboys with Merinos stepping up to can our fish... Sounds like a dog and pony show and all of us being misled.

I had no idea about any of this. Very disappointing.

Captain Decent

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
well I won’t be attending this event this year.

for the managers, whoever they are, to not address this and hide behind the “well we told you how it worked At the dinner” is really disappointing. Scott, who runs this and why aren’t they explaining the situation?

considering the smear campaign that preceded the hostile takeover from the original managers this looks really suspect.

dragonballs

I'm off probation
Mar 28, 2008
Arlington WA
Name
Vance
Boat
40' ocean sport fisher
if it looks like a duck its a duck

Last edited by a moderator:

TwoTapPat

Crank the handle Randle
May 22, 2013
some where on the water
Name
Pat
Boat
High on the Goat
All I can say is wow? I'll bet if I turn my wife loose on em you will get a check the next day. Those of you who know her would put money on it!!!!
I hate to say it but of course I will anyway, this is why my crew and I have sat the last couple of them out. The jury will stay out one more year, by then it might be too late for all of these tournaments. I heard OTC is going the way of the Dodo also.
We all know she doesn't take checks. She would be collecting crisp green backs.

Reactions: Genie Aye

oldschool 1

Night Watchman .
Jun 13, 2011
Aberdeen wa
Name
Andy
Boat
Oldschool 2
What a shame, I wonder how you could legally donate the fish to a cannery/ buyer and then just pick a charity to give the check to.
You pricks have good intentions but every year the drama gets deeper. Less people sign up every year. What a fucking shame.

Elkfins

Ungrateful Prick
Aug 8, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Name
Steve
Boat
"Cleanup Required" '99 Grady White 232 Gulfstream
Wow. very interesting. A few years ago when we made the decision to stop entering, it was with the idea that we'd watch to see if there were improvements and changes to make things go smoother/better and if feedback was positive, we'd consider coming back. Considering the new management and the promises they made when they took over, we were hopeful. I was considering getting back in this coming year (either with Charlie or a team of my own) but that's not gonna happen now. In fact, there's a very high chance I'm done with WTC for good.
If I want to donate, I'll write a check directly to my charity of choice.

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
Sometimes things take time. A couple of you have no skin in this game. Vance, Two Tap Pat, Jon aka G Spot, and Capt. Decent aka Ryan are some of you that need to step away. Rules are the rules. Fish needs to be processed. The fish processor aka Merino's had a busy season last year. They are now processing the fish. Capt Reel Hooker was told that back a month ago, Christmas day. The fish processed will be given to the Westport Food Bank as well as shared with Gray's Harbor County Food Banks. That is one of the things that the Tournament Supports. You that accuse the Board of Theft need to STFU!

Mark Coleman, I understand your fustration but again rules are rules. Disqualification hurts. Not joining the Donnybrook shows your leadership and stature.

Once the fish are processed the funds will be released. Ryan has been talking to to those that money is owed too. They were made aware of the underlying issues. Bennie I am thou with you if you continue this Public Lynching of the WTC. Come clean. The rest of you need to cool the rhetoric. Its better to be owed than told you get nothing.

Reel Hooker

“Ice Melter”
Sep 9, 2013
Carnation
www.metropolitandetail.com
Name
Benjamin
Boat
Parker 2320 Long Cabin 'REEL HOOKER'
Sometimes things take time. A couple of you have no skin in this game. Vance, Two Tap Pat, Jon aka G Spot, and Capt. Decent aka Ryan are some of you that need to step away. Rules are the rules. Fish needs to be processed. The fish processor aka Merino's had a busy season last year. They are now processing the fish. Capt Reel Hooker was told that back a month ago, Christmas day. The fish processed will be given to the Westport Food Bank as well as shared with Gray's Harbor County Food Banks. That is one of the things that the Tournament Supports. You that accuse the Board of Theft need to STFU!

Mark Coleman, I understand your fustration but again rules are rules. Disqualification hurts. Not joining the Donnybrook shows your leadership and stature.

Once the fish are processed the funds will be released. Ryan has been talking to to those that money is owed too. They were made aware of the underlying issues. Bennie I am thou with you if you continue this Public Lynching of the WTC. Come clean. The rest of you need to cool the rhetoric. Its better to be owed than told you get nothing.
interesting timing of your post, I just gave you a shout of love for your help. I still love you goat, we all do

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
Bs goat..sorry I love ya but disagree on this one...I love me some wounded warriors and love to take them fishing, my dime my time..but the WTC is way off on this one...

The WTC rules say winner's will be paid within 5-7 days...I'm sorry but having tuna sit on ice for 6 months is not reasonable to verify who the winner is...I'll buy a certified scale if needed for this year if that's what it takes...if anyone fish's the tourney....

And all this shouldn't be an issue since it was a side pot bet anyway...paid in full that night the way I see it... otherwise someone's making money off money... Mission Outdoors is a 501 non profit right..

Rant over...carry on.

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA

Prize payouts will be made via certified mail after all fish have passed inspection by our processor 5-7 days after the event.

All winners will be required to fill out IRS Form W-9, request for taxpayer ID, if your prize exceeds a value of $600. You will be required to provide a photo ID at the time of turning in the W-9 to verify said information. A W-9 for a business can be used as well as long as a copy of the business license is provided at the same time the W-9 is turned over to the WTC.

One additional drawing ticket will be provided for each fish turned in. Fish drawing ticket vouchers will be distributed at the fish drop off area on Float 6 after said fish are counted and turned over to WTC volunteers. You can exchange this voucher for extra fish tickets at the banquet.

The drawing will be held at the awards banquet and prizes will be given away by drawn tickets. You must be present to win.

Issues need to be taken into account. Sometimes those issues are outside of the Control of the Official Tournament's control. Benjamin did you talk to Ryan around Christmas time? If so was it explained to you of the Why? I talked to Ryan and Mike Jennings today. Mike Caught the Fish and He said he tried to cool your Jets as well. Stand Down and enjoy your day!

Reactions: Glad Wrap
Status
Not open for further replies.