RUNNOFT

Word of the Day: IceMelter
May 13, 2003
Orange County Kali
Name
OT - the Other Travis
Boat
Professional Boat Ho for now
Almost six months ago This happened...too bad we haven’t seen a dime. Time to sign up for 2020 but why bother. Sucks, better off taking the entrance fees and party at the Knotty Pine.
39868506-C735-4590-B286-B8ED04C09AB8.jpeg

Walker Inc.

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 24, 2013
Gig Harbor, WA
Name
Patrick Walker
Boat
33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
I guess I understand your frustration, but at least for me the tournament prize has been the Costa Rica OWC berth. The prize money has never been enough to get very excited about. Especially split between everybody on the boat. Your case is a little different.

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
That’s bullshit! Small price or big, split it or not........ you don’t hold a tournament collect entries and then stuff the winners!

The tournament should be ashamed of themselves and the advertisers should come down on them...

Before anyone starts in about how it’s a charity and how many people it helps..... that’s not relevant either.... Truth of that is somewhat sketchy too.... the numbers and value are skewed.... Even a charitable organization needs to pay their bills.

slab tech 1

Works overrated- lets go fishing
Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
Almost six months ago This happened...too bad we haven’t seen a dime. Time to sign up for 2020 but why bother. Sucks, better off taking the entrance fees and party at the Knotty Pine. View attachment 1106591
Looks like you have a big check in your hands! Have you tried cashing it lol. It does have numbers on the front but I don’t know how the WTC operates other than sounds really sketchy. Whose running the show?

Reactions: Odin7

RUNNOFT

Word of the Day: IceMelter
May 13, 2003
Orange County Kali
Name
OT - the Other Travis
Boat
Professional Boat Ho for now
Looks like you have a big check in your hands! Have you tried cashing it lol. It does have numbers on the front but I don’t know how the WTC operates other than sounds really sketchy. Whose running the show?
The bank teller wouldn’t take the check since we didn’t have an account for IceMelter and she made it clear she didn’t appreciate the team name. Let’s just say that icemelter her too

JohnnieB

SelFishAddiction
May 16, 2016
HereandThere
Name
JB
Boat
Unknown limits
someone's looking at jail time, I suggest everyone sends a "contact them" message as I just did voicing your opinion

Last edited:

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
The fact that we havnt heard a public explanation for this long ago is very disappointing. I heard rumor of this a while ago but was hoping the people running it would address it. Especially since most of us know the people running it.

so they’re opening up 2021 registration and have neither paid out nor provided an explanation?

Last edited:

Reel Hooker

“Ice Melter”
Sep 9, 2013
Carnation
www.metropolitandetail.com
Name
Benjamin
Boat
Parker 2320 Long Cabin 'REEL HOOKER'
That’s bullshit! Small price or big, split it or not........ you don’t hold a tournament collect entries and then stuff the winners!

The tournament should be ashamed of themselves and the advertisers should come down on them...

Before anyone starts in about how it’s a charity and how many people it helps..... that’s not relevant either.... Truth of that is somewhat sketchy too.... the numbers and value are skewed.... Even a charitable organization needs to pay their bills.
You are spot on this time John. Pretty shocked they are taking entrance fees before settling past tournament debt. No doubt mission outdoors and crew was left a mess to clean up, but this is a bit late.

The fact that we havnt heard a public explanation for this long ago is very disappointing. I heard rumor of this a while ago but was hoping the people running it would address it. Especially since most of us know the people running it.

so they’re opening up 2021 registration and have neither paid out nor provided an explanation?
Agree but, 2020 not 2021 my friend

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
Taking new registrations with out paying off the last one sounds suspiciously like a pyramid scam .

silver slayer

I've posted enough I should'nt have to edit this
May 12, 2009
kitsap county
Name
Josh
Boat
25' starcraft expedition
Didng fish it last year and wont again this year. Partly personal shit but when mission took over I couldnt even find something worth buying a raffle ticket for. Granted food was on time and I got to hear a poem or two I wasnt impressed with it. If I won and havent got paid yet that is total fuckin bs

Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
I tried calling Ryan, scott, and Shannon, in that order.

voicemails for everyone, which I didn’t leave one. Tried 3x

let’s get this sorted out folks. It shouldn’t be a big deal, I know I ain’t nobody, but let’s not forget who stood on the podium last year.

Reactions: laguna tuna

mrfish11

"Just a captain"
Aug 3, 2009
Olympia,WA
Name
Brian
Boat
Parker 2320, 17x60 Willies
Thats unfortunate Trav. I guess my 4th place finish was as good as 1st, or as your bft? Haha. This is absolute bullshit. It is so much fun doing an offshore tourney in WA but this one is clearly turning to shit. I see myself giving the ilwaco tourney a shot in 2020.

Reel Hooker

“Ice Melter”
Sep 9, 2013
Carnation
www.metropolitandetail.com
Name
Benjamin
Boat
Parker 2320 Long Cabin 'REEL HOOKER'
Thats unfortunate Trav. I guess my 4th place finish was as good as 1st, or as your bft? Haha. This is absolute bullshit. It is so much fun doing an offshore tourney in WA but this one is clearly turning to shit. I see myself giving the ilwaco tourney a shot in 2020.
would have been a good idea but they run OTC too now.

Glad Wrap

Jul 21, 2009
Tacoma, WA
Name
Scott
Boat
boat whore
I tried calling Ryan, scott, and Shannon, in that order.

voicemails for everyone, which I didn’t leave one. Tried 3x

let’s get this sorted out folks. It shouldn’t be a big deal, I know I ain’t nobody, but let’s not forget who stood on the podium last year.
First, let me apologize for not jumping in here and the delay in getting participants their winnings that are owed to them.

-I won't answer number I don't have saved in my phone. If there is no voicemail, it's not important and I won't return the call.

-Here is your short answer. The same one everyone was told at the event. Once fish are cleaned and checked to ensure everything and every fish is legit, payout will happen. That's not when one team is done that one team gets paid. For those that have thrown around the idea the MO/WTC doesn't have the funds, well I can tell you that is far from true. I talked with Ryan this evening, sounds like fish should be done by the end of the week. I know we were told November. but with the issues we had with Nort West Harvest and being lied to by them for years, this is where are.

-We are working on a process where winners can be paid out Sunday after the event. I hope this happens so people who spent their time and money on the event can get any winnings coming to them.

-the majority of the winners have been very understanding of the process for this. I'm sorry if you're not, we hope this won't be a issue again.

If you want to reach out, you have my number call me, text me, hit my up on Facebook messenger or hell even Instagram.

• Love
Reactions: goatram and Cornfed

Walker Inc.

Jun 24, 2013
Gig Harbor, WA
Name
Patrick Walker
Boat
33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
First, let me apologize for not jumping in here and the delay in getting participants their winnings that are owed to them.

-I won't answer number I don't have saved in my phone. If there is no voicemail, it's not important and I won't return the call.

-Here is your short answer. The same one everyone was told at the event. Once fish are cleaned and checked to ensure everything and every fish is legit, payout will happen. That's not when one team is done that one team gets paid. For those that have thrown around the idea the MO/WTC doesn't have the funds, well I can tell you that is far from true. I talked with Ryan this evening, sounds like fish should be done by the end of the week. I know we were told November. but with the issues we had with Nort West Harvest and being lied to by them for years, this is where are.

-We are working on a process where winners can be paid out Sunday after the event. I hope this happens so people who spent their time and money on the event can get any winnings coming to them.

-the majority of the winners have been very understanding of the process for this. I'm sorry if you're not, we hope this won't be a issue again.

If you want to reach out, you have my number call me, text me, hit my up on Facebook messenger or hell even Instagram.
Scott-
That all sounds great but these guys won a category that was not determined by weight or quality or tempature of fish. It was by species. They caught a blue fin. It was weighed, identified, and verified. It doesn’t take a PHD in fish recognization to know this. PAY THEM

Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Upon calling again, scott is taking calls and agrees that this has gone on too long.

people are being reasonable, good luck Benjamin and Travis.

Glad Wrap

Jul 21, 2009
Tacoma, WA
Name
Scott
Boat
boat whore
Scott-
That all sounds great but these guys won a category that was not determined by weight or quality or tempature of fish. It was by species. They caught a blue fin. It was weighed, identified, and verified. It doesn’t take a PHD in fish recognization to know this. PAY THEM
I'll pass along the thoughts behind this. I am not a board member in any shape or fashion. Have a great Night Patrick.

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
Wait. Now I want to know what happens to the fish that we donate. Does NW Harvest do anything with it? Why is it still in the freezer? Are the fish we donate just getting thrown out?
Seriously concerned.
Something is fishy...

6 months to weigh fish???.. seriously freezer burned by now.

MarkColeman

Boat Slave
Advertiser
May 20, 2010
Westport, Snoqualmie, Los Suenos
www.AllWashingtonFishing.com
Name
Mark Coleman
Boat
16' Guide, 20' Scout, 29’ Defiance’s Elite, Ultra, Express Style, 31' Luhrs, 42’ Pilothouse
Gnarly. Did you call in via SAT phone during the tournament to get confirmation you’d be paid? That’s the only way to be sure. You have to call tournament control via SAT phone during the tournament to be totally certain.

Fishwacker1

Jul 8, 2016
Lyman
Name
Rodney
Boat
Western Quest 27 North River Offshore
The fish are just now in January 5 months later getting checked for legitimacy? WTF I am getting really confused you have to check in via satellite phone to be paid? I hope you’re joking mark and some how I missed the funny.

Reactions: MarkColeman

Corey G

Boat ho extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2010
Tacoma, Wa USA
Name
Corey Guild
Boat
Gravy
I’m thinking this year, people aren’t gonna be donating as much fish as they did in the past...

Status
Not open for further replies.